page 11

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: Trapped

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

Your eyes slowly opened to meet sunlight shining down from the afternoon sun. Realizing that you were suddenly somehow outside you blinked in confusion.

"Where am I..? Wasn't I just hit by that spell? But..my body is fine, what's going on?"

You looked down at your hands, they were way smaller than before, you looked down at your body and noticed the same.

"Have I been sent to the past?! No, that's not possible..what spell was I hit with? Hmm, if I remember correctly it was called mirage of fear."

Looking around nervously, shapes started to form before your eyes. Children were playing in the grass, chasing each other and laughing. Women of the cloth and fellow caretakers held the younger ones or watched the other children closely.

Your heart began to beat faster at the sight, your eyes growing wide. Although all the children were playing, you stood far away from the fun, from all the others. The figures of the women and children distorted slightly. You closed your eyes and suddenly you were propelled into a different scene.

You sat alone at one of the many tables, children around you sat together laughing and eating. Women chatted with the younger children, helping feed them and cooing.

Your heart thumped.

All the people seemed to simultaneously stand up and walk away. You ran after them but the more you ran the further away them seemed to get. They laughed, happily talking to one another all the while.

Suddenly you were transported to another scene. You stood in a crowd of children and they slowly started to disappear. Some were whisked off by new loving parents, other children skipped away hand in hand. This continued until you were left standing alone.

Your eyes began to well up with tears at all the different scenes you had been subjected to.

Without giving you time to think, your body began to shrink further into a memory where you were even younger, about 5 years old. You stood outside the nursery door, watching a sister tuck in the church's infants.

"Sister?" You asked, approaching the woman and tugging her dress.

She had looked down at you, a bit startled.

"Yes y/n? I'm a bit busy tucking in the children right now."

"Oh..okay." You hung your head and left.