page 4

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: Warm

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

Soft rustling and bird song began to fill the tent where you laid, eyes shut in a restless sleep. Your body would twitch every once in a while, the state you were in had evolved into a feverish one. Your breathing would come out as soft gasps from time to time as your face would contort in pained expressions. Beside your body, a tired Luck began to stir from his long slumber, sensing that something was off.

His eyes fluttered open as he took in the state of the tents interior. You were both laying in the same position you'd fallen asleep in, your body still pressed against his. You were still thankfully alive, he could hear your soft breathing against his bare chest and your heartbeat letting out it's soft thumps. Something that had slipped away from him last night. Luck shivered slightly at the memory, a cold feeling gripping his body.

Slowly, Luck pulled away from his spot against you, sitting up he let out a yawn and stretched. Spotting the pocket watch you had next to your neatly folded clothes, he grabbed it and checked the time.

"Half past noon, with still a mission to complete ahead of us."

Luck frowned slightly, contemplating what to do when your body suddenly erupted into a coughing fit. Quickly, Luck snapped his head back, staring at the cause of the sudden noise. Your body had tightly curled into a fetus position, sputtering coughs and wheezing rising from your chest. It seemed that you were slowly coming from your unconscious state.

"Y/n?" Luck asked hesitantly, not knowing what to do.

He moved closer to you and gently pulled your body up into his arms. With the back of his hand he checked your forehead for a fever, just like you had done not many hours ago. His eyes widened at how hot you were, he noticed now just how flushed you were, beads of sweat beginning to collect on your face.

"Shit."

Sweat began to collect on his own face as he stared down at your state. A grin slowly spread across his face and he gritted his teeth as he started to notice just how shallow your breathing was. He didn't like how looking at your state made him feel.

"Shit shit shit shit."

Slowly placing you back down and covering you with a blanket he exited the tent. Quickly, he ran around the camp, collecting the things he needed, his boots squishing into the wet soil last night's rain had left. After he had what he needed he crawled into the tent, placing a damp towel on your forehead. Not knowing what else to do he sat by your side, watching you closely in case anything happened.