31

George POV

Clay and I kissed for a while and we startled when the door opened. We quickly let go of each other and I saw my parents walking in.

'Oh- sorry. We should have knocked.'

I felt my cheeks heating and saw Clay was red too. I grabbed my sheep and Clay smiled. 'It's fine, Georgie.'

I smiled and my parents hugged me. 'Happy birthday, honey. Are you coming with us? We have presents.'

I nodded and grabbed Clays hand. My sheep fell on the ground and Clay picked it up. He gave it back to me and we walked downstairs. I smelled a cake and looked at Clay.

'Cake?'

'The cake is in the oven,' my dad said. 'I finished it when Clay went upstairs.'

'I made you a chocolate cake,' Clay said.

I hugged him and smiled. 'I like chocolate cake.'

'I know you do, sweetie. Come sit down, I have a surprise for you.'

'Surprise?'

'A present.'

I sat down closely next to Clay and his hand rested on my leg. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he handed me his present. I opened it and it revealed a big bear with a heart. I smiled brightly and hugged Clay. I wanted to kiss him and leaned a little in, but I stopped myself. I looked at my parents, but they nodded.

'You can kiss him.'

I didn't let them tell me that twice and kissed Clay shortly. He smiled at me and hugged me.

'I love you,' he whispered in my ear.

'I love you more.'

'Look, your parents also have a present for you.'

My dad stood up and handed me a big and heavy box. I almost let it fall down, but Clay grabbed it in time. He held it in front of me. 'Open it, babe.'

I blushed because of the nickname and wrapped the paper of the box. It revealed a big carton box and I opened it. I looked inside and I couldn't stop smiling. The skates laying down in front of me now, they were perfect. I smiled and felt tears in my eyes.

'Thank you,' I whispered.

I grabbed Clays bear and held it tight.

'You can use them when you go skating with Clay later.'

I smiled and then started crying. Clay rubbed me through my hair and held me tight to his body. I hid my face in his shirt and kept crying.

'Why are you crying, sweetie?' Clay whispered.

'You are so nice to me.'

'You deserve it. The cake is almost done and then we can eat a piece.'

'When are we going to the cinema?'

'We are going to the cinema at 1 pm. So we have some lunch here at home. The film will last around two hours and we directly go skate after. If you get tired very soon, just say it.'

'What are we eating this evening?'

'What do you want?' my mum asked me.

'I like pizza.'

'Aww, Georgie. We can eat pizza after ice skating in the city. There is a good store there, they sell a lot of pizzas.' Clay looked at me. 'Do you like that?'

I nodded and smiled shyly.

'You're so cute. Happy eighteenth birthday, sweetie.'

'We will leave you two for now.' My parents started walking away and when the door closed behind them Clay started kissing me immediately. The kiss was more passionately than before and I liked it a lot. Clays hand went up in my hair and the other went down to my chest. His hand slowly went under my shirt, stroking my chest as we kissed. I didn't really know where to put my hands so I just rested them on his back. He pushed me down a little on the couch and laid down on top of me.

'I love you,' he muttered through the kiss.

'I love you too.'

We stopped kissing after a while and both looked at each other. Clays face was completely red. 'That was amazing, you're such a good kisser.'

'Am I?'

He smiled and nodded. 'Definitely.'

He laid down next to me on the couch, cuddling. After a while the cake was done and Clay stood up to get it.

'Again, happy birthday, sweetie.'

713 words