20

TW's:
-Bullying/homophobia

Clay POV

Days went by and George was feeling more comfortable with me. He once started kissing me by himself and I was so proud on him.

'Claaaaaay,' George muttered. We laid down on his bed in each other's arms.

'Yes, Georgie?'

'Can we take a walk?'

'Of course, come.'

'Can I bring sheep with me?'

'Of course, but don't lose him, okay?'

'I won't.'

We prepared for our walk and we walked hand in hand. He held his sheep in his other hand and we walked to a tree.

'Can I please kiss you?' I whispered.

He nodded and leaned in. I started kissing him and grabbed his shoulders. He was holding his sheep against his chest. I grabbed his sheep and pulled George against my body. He didn't mind I took it, he trusted me with it. We kissed longer than ever before and I pulled him closer and closer. I felt George smiling through the kiss and I could feel his hot cheeks.

'Oh, Clay. I knew it.'

I startled and broke apart. George grabbed his sheep again and I looked in the eyes of one of my teammates.

'Your football career is over, Clay. We don't want faggots in our changing room.'

I saw George hugging his sheep tightly, he was almost crying. He was probably very scared. My teammate laughed at George and grabbed his sheep.

'You're not a baby anymore.'

'Give that back! I don't care what you do to me, but give him his sheep back.'

'He has to grow up.'

'He has freaking autism, he can't help it. Give it back.'

He threw the sheep in a wet and muddy puddle and George started crying. I quickly grabbed his sheep and looked at my teammate.

'Leave him alone.'

'You're literally making out with such an idiotic autistic guy?'

'I like him. Stop swearing at him, he did nothing wrong. I kissed him, not the other way around.'

'You're football dream is gone, you disgusting faggot. Oh and George, his football dream is so big, he will choose football over you.'

George could only cry and I wanted to help him. My teammate decided to walk off and I grabbed George's shoulders. He cried his eyes out and looked in pure sadness at his sheep and me.

'Are you okay, sweetie?' I whispered.

He shrugged. 'Are you?' he sobbed.

'I'm totally fine. Why are you crying so hard? Did he scare you so badly?'

'He hurt you and my sheep.'

'Come, we go home and your mum will clean your sheep.'

'No.'

'What?'

'I'm so sad. He was mean. You love football, leave me.'

'What? Why are you saying this Georgie?'

'I don't want you to be sad.'

'You're the sad one here, Georgie.'

He cried louder and I hugged him. 'Calm down for me, okay? You're sheep will be fine and I'm fine too. I won't leave you, definitely not for a stupid football career. I can go to another club, don't worry.'

He looked at his sheep in pure sadness and cried even harder. 'I can't sleep with my sheep tonight.'

'I will stay with you, okay?'

'You don't like me, I'm just a baby.'

'I do like you so much and no, you're not a baby. You're a seventeen year old boy and you just like your stuffed animal.'

'I just don't understand anything, I always cry.'

'That's because you're a little younger in your head and it's very cute.'

'You could never truly love me, I'm just a child.'

'George, I know I haven't said this, but- I love you. I truly love you. I'm in love with you, I'm in love with YOU.'

'I hate my autism.'

'I understand, sweetie. It's just a part of you and you're amazing.'

He looked at the ground and tears streamed down. 'I want to be normal.'

'But you are normal, you only need a little more time to develop than others do.'

'But I don't want to.'

'Do you want to stop crying, Georgie? Don't be sad, everything will be okay.'

He grabbed my middle and pulled me closer. I heard him softly sob, but after a while he finally stopped crying. He looked and me and smiled softly.

'I love you too,' he whispered.

714 words