10

Clay POV

'Do you like him?'

'I- just as friends. I'm not gay.'

'Are you bisexual, Clay? Do you feel something with him?'

'Uh- yes, I feel something.'

'What do you feel?'

'No, I just met him. I don't like him, he is just very cute. It's just because he is so adorable, I don't like him.'

'What do you feel, Clay?'

'Butterflies,' I whispered. I turned completely red and hid my face. 'I don't like him. It was just- he was just so cute. I don't like him, don't even start. But if I would be bisexual, would you still like me?'

'I have nothing against it.'

'Dad, I can't like him after just a day.'

'You can, it's called love at first sight.'

'He is just adorable, nothing more. You're making me uncomfortable, dad.'

'Sure, Clay. I will stop,' he smirked. 'Hang the photo on your wall, it will be easier to look at.'

'Dad!'

He grinned and turned around to walk away. Was I really bisexual or gay? I would get beaten up if I was, my teammates were really not going to accept me when I liked a boy. Did I like him? It was just the first day we met, I would give it a few days. I couldn't say anything yet. Yes, he was cute, handsome, adorable and amazing and yes, I felt butterflies around him, but did that really make me like him? I had a girlfriend, I really liked her, I wasn't gay. I wasn't gay for sure, but bisexual? I did like girls, I mean I liked George more than all girls I saw today. I couldn't just directly say I was bisexual or not. I didn't know.

I decided to sleep and I was so tired that I directly fell asleep. I woke up at 7 am the next morning and I quickly ate my breakfast to rush to the bakery. I ran there and went in, seeing George sitting there already. He smiled brightly and hugged me.

'I missed you,' he said. 'I replaced you with my stuffed animal.'

'Do I have to be jealous of your stuffed animal?'

'No, I like you more.'

He let go of me and let me get to the back of the bakery. I wrote down that I was working and directly grabbed a chocolate croissant for George. He paid me one dollar and he ate his croissant slowly. He washed his hands twice after, which I didn't find weird anymore since I knew of his OCD. George sat down in the same chair again and smiled at me. I giggled a little nervously and smiled back.

After yesterday I was more nervous around George than yesterday. Figuring out you might have feelings for someone you just met, it was weird. Not only weird, but very confusing too. I liked him as a friend, nothing more right?

'Clayyyyy,' George sweet voice whispered.

'Yes, Georgieeeee?'

'You're zoned out.'

'I was thinking.'

'Are you sad?'

'No, I'm happy. I was just thinking.'

'About what?'

'Nothing, Georgie.'

'Don't lie to me, Clayyyyy.'

'I'm not lying, Georgieeeee.'

'You are.'

'I was thinking about someone.'

'Someone mean?'

'No, someone very sweet and lovely.'

'Sapnap?'

'No, Georgie. I was thinking about you.'

He smiled brightly and blushed. 'Do you want a hug?'

'Sure.'

'You're better than my stuffed animal. You are better and sweeter.'

The boss of the store walked in and looked at us. He grinned.

'Hey, Clay. Are you paying attention on the store still?'

I blushed and nodded. 'Definitely.'

George let go of me. I already missed his touch. Why did I feel like this with someone I just met? It was so confusing.

George POV

Clay was talking with some stranger who wanted to order something and I kept staring at him. He was so beautiful. He was my best friend. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he smiled, but I didn't know why. When everyone was gone, I looked at him.

'When do you get butterflies?' I asked.

'When you're in love.'

In love?

'How do you know you're in love?'

'Aww, does Georgie like someone?'

One thing about autism was that I couldn't lie. I shook my head, but Clay directly noticed my cheeks heating up.

'Who do you like Georgie?'

'I don't want to say.'

'That's fine. Keep your secrets.'

'You look sad.'

'Just had a bad memorie, it's fine.'

'Do you want to talk about it?'

He shrugged. 'I don't want to bother you, Georgie. I can handle this myself.'

'Your girlfriend?'

'Yes.'

'What happened?'

'I walked in on her kissing with some guy from my football club. She stalked me for days because she apparently wanted me back, but I didn't want to anymore. It broke me at that time.

799 words