thirty

"Are you still in Copenhagen?"

In response, he only gave me a grunted nod.

"What are you still doing there for the past three months?"

He shrugged insignificantly while revealing the reason for his extended stay, "I was planning to leave for South Aisa from here, but then I have to come back for Kai's birthday. So, I stayed here a little longer after coming back from the Faroe Islands."

"I thought you found there's traditional cuisine exceptional, and that's holding you back."

I seriously thought of this possibility because nothing can stop him in a single place if the food is not good. When Jackson began his venture into the world, he not only found his love for traveling but also discovered the curiosity of tasting and eating delicious foods. Since then he fell into the category of a whole-hearted foodie but he doesn't like to eat much, just a suitable amount, keeping his diet and health in check, but that little should be nothing less in taste. For this, he long ago changed the chefs of here, in the mansion, to his liking.

"Partially this reason too."

In response, I nodded my head a little with a smile. Remembering why I video called him, I looked dubiously at his unkempt self through the screed of the iPad. His over-grown beard and the hoddie he was wearing, giving the casual and crude look. I hesitantly started my request, "It's still around a week or two till Kai's birthday. Can I trouble you with something?"

After a pause, he narrowed his eyes and almost snapped, "What?"

Ignoring his stern look, I continued, "Can you leave tomorrow, and go to Namibia's sanctuary? They are having some matters with locals regarding water. I would have gone there myself, but I have a meeting tomorrow."

Tomorrow I have an important meeting of the project we are preparing for a long time and if the project is finalized, I also have to arrange a meeting with the board of directors including Kai's birthday coming in less than two weeks, I don't think I would have enough time to make it there and stay too. 

When this happens, I sometimes feel that I'm not capable to carry the responsibility I have taken for the organization, because various times when some legal matter happens, because of the company, I couldn't make it there on time. The head office of the organization is in Gaborone (Botswana) and I even could hardly make it there somewhat because of the distance, although, I regularly check the overall reports. The simplest reason for making head office so far was; Botswana has the best support for wildlife animals and the government tries to fully support our deed. And instead of my own comfort, I preferred the resources for the organization. 

Where some countries give their full support, there are some who refuse to let the third party interfere in their matters. No matter what, I can't win against people like such and many cases have been stuck in the ways, resulting in many wild animals lost their chance of a good life. Only if I could have time, I would surely fight to all my potential. Therefore, once Kai will be able enough, I will spend the rest of my life fully working for the organization. Till then I have to rely on what time I have and strengthen my heart & mind with thoughts like; at least I'm helping some if not all.

As Jackson's usually traveling, from time to time when I couldn't go myself to any wildlife sanctuary of the organization to look over the matter myself, I request Jackson. If the matter wasn't necessary, I wouldn't have called Jackson for help. Berriz's head of Namibia's sanctuary, from the past few weeks he has connected head office twelve times, explaining again and again that locals are creating problems regarding some minor things but mainly regarding the water passageways, that's resulting in a shortage of water for animals. I have even sent someone from head office but nothing changed. It's good if Jackson will go there and satisfy locals, listening to what they want, he'll surely know how to fulfill it or deal with them in case of some fatuous request.