fifty-eight

"Ah, a perfect place for our first date."

As I stepped inside the cafe, different from where I been earlier, I heard the remarks of the man who followed me inside. Indifferently, I once again ignored his words.

Without holding my words, I can always answer other's remarks more cynically --mainly in that case when I know it'll make the other person quiet. When my words will be answered by more words, resultantly, rather than a conversation to end it will turn into a never-ending exchange —so, I have no desire to be one contributing in foolishly dragging it. It's not hard to comprehend that Zyair Ahlstrom's futile words are just an endeavor to provoke this exchange from me.

I don't care about the reason behind his vain attempt, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore his one more act of appearing in front of me. I'm not known for my patience in dealing with others, and I see no reason to put up with his games. Still, In all truth, a part of me doesn't care much about his presence, but a part of me also feels that if I continued to allow his actions then my silence might be taken in various meanings -mostly in acquiescence of him to do, come and go as he likes.

No matter how harmless this man seems, I know this is not his reality —the more one peels off his face the deeper his truth will seem. And what I hate the most is his nature of playing games with others, that's why I have no desire to let this man involve in my life. 

In a moderately crowded cafe, my gaze halted on an empty table in a corner, halfway hidden from the rest of the cafe. Walking there, I took my seat and waited for him to do the same. Facing me, he sat with his grin and pushed all hair away from his face, pinning them behind.

Not wanting to hear more of his stupid words, before he could say anything, I commenced, "Let me ask once again, why are you here?"

With his consistent grin, he looked around the cafe as if confused at my words and then doubtfully spoke, pointing around the cafe, "Wasn't it you who just invited me here?"

My face was devoid of any emotions, not minding his ways of ignoring my words, I leaned against the chair and placed my left hand on the table, rhythmically tapping it lightly, and kept my gaze straight at him. Not intending to keep things vague, I directly uttered, "Mr. Ahlstrom, I don't appreciate your claptraps."

With my other hand, I took out my iPhone and opened the file which contained all the data regarding this man. He did a mistake after coming in approximately of me, he can remove his face from everything but not when they are guarded by my people. A few days ago I had already told Stella (a team member) to keep the record of my supposed chauffer, his face was clear in the pictures and collecting data from here and there —though I had prepared things vaguely without going into many details. Somewhere I assumed that if this man has something in his mind to approach, he'll not back off this easily.

Pushing my phone toward him, I completed my words, "I see no reason to put up with them."

His gaze flickered toward the screen and for a second halted there, the shine in his eyes sharpened as I noticed how his constant smile wavered. My meaning was clear, and I can see that he got it; I have no reason to hide his identity from the word but still, I did because I don't care about him --why should I bother myself with someone who has no part in my life but his continuous intrusion has brought this on himself. And if he continued this, without a second thought, the next thing he'll see will be his face plastered all over the famed news outlets.

"Oh, so now this insignificant man is bothering you, right Allea?"

With his words, he raised his head and looked at me, his smile returned, wider than the prior one but I noticed that how his eyes now held a strange depth.