twenty-six

"I will do anything else, but please don't make me wear this."

I was making faces to suppress the laugh that threatened to release any moment, even the servants around us were hiding their faces behind their hands to hide the amusement of seeing their young master. I was wearing a light-peach full-sleeved loose t-shirt tucked inside my navy-blue slim khakis, paired with white loafers -a light and casual look to go to Elijah's race while on the other hand, my brother looks nothing less than a joker and a crazed fan of Elijah.

Kai was wearing an outfit that was initially white but because of Elijah's colorful faces printed all over it, it looks like to have shades of the whole universe in it. On his shirts and trousers, not even a single place was left where Elijah's face wasn't visible, on his chest there's a huge picture of him holding a cup, on its back was Elijah face entering the car and the little spaces between them were covered with different pictures from the track. In the front, on the right leg of trousers was written vertically in bold black color, 'I'm Elijah's fan' -like his attire wasn't enough- and on another leg of trouser was a race track printed with Elijah's car which goes all the way to back, along with saying, 'Go win Elijah' and more colorful pictures. Whew--what a masterpiece, I'm quite proud of my accomplishment, Kai looks cute and comical, but I don't think he likes this, because he's scowling at me and begging at the same time to not make him wear this.

"Now, don't be like this, you earned it!" I tried to cheer him but my words seemed to make him glare at me more, with a stifled smile I added, "Think about Elijah, and how happy he will be."

"And what about others, the whole world! How will I go to school tomorrow, everyone will make fun of me, I look stupid!"

His fists were clenched at his sides, and his face was red with anger and embarrassment, so I tried to reason him, "It's not a big deal, fans usually do this."

For a moment, he just stared at me, "I, Kai Allgaier, will not wear this!" He declared with a determined face and voice.

Rolling my eyes at his obdurateness, I folded my arms over my chest, and reprimanded, "Loser. Who told you to lose the match, you should have played hard to win it then."

"But you cheated!"

"Well, I had to protect myself from this embarrassment, so I won. Now, suck it up or stay here."

Seeing the resolution that I'll truly leave him here, he gave me his usual wronged eyes and sighed, like drinking all the rage and humiliation he was going to face, then ducked his head down, and mumbled, "Okay...I'll not go then."

This drama-queen, he knows nothing of his anger or yelling works on me so he always plays his last card of acting pitiful and cute, to gain sympathy, and sometimes it actually works on me. But this time, I'll not let him win, seeing him going on a race like this will be a spectacle worth teasing his whole life -nope, I'm not going to back off, call me ruthless or whatever.

"Fine with me," I shrugged and took my things, as I hate carrying bags, so I try to put as many things I can in my pockets, right now I only have race passes, some cash, iPhone and cards, that I stuffed easily in my pants pockets and turned to leave.

As I was about to step out of the main door, realizing that I wasn't going to stop and his pitful act wasn't going to work on me, I heard Kai's voice, "Okay stop!" I turned to face him and raised a brow with a see-I-knew-it face, he just gave me bitter eyes with a fallen face and ran past me and I followed behind laughing lightly.

Whenever Kai and I travel, instead of the driver I like to drive the car and another car of security guards silently follow us with some distance. I often let security follow mainly when I travel out of the country and at night, but they follow Kai everywhere. He knows about it but he has no objection with them, they are not allowed to interfere until they are needed or gestured to intervene. I never thought I would toughen the security around us, but due to some injuries Kai got because of the harsh ways the paparazzi treated him in the past, and the basic need of protection for him and me, I had to.