forty-six

"That's why I called Jackson and coerced him to come and bring you and Kai to dinner!"

With the harmonious chuckle, the man ended his words, his face then settled on a smile as he stared at the girl with subtle elderly-affections in his stance and also held a tinge of pride. She'd have declined, like always, so, this time he accosted someone whom she had to compel and at last was able to make her attend his dinner -the middle-aged man was quite proud of his approach.

If someone to perceive his exhilaration and satisfaction over almost such an insignificant thing, then this would be enough to put them in the silence of shock, as it did to the nearby people who heard his words, and their eyes filled with bewilderment moved from the face of the man and the indifferent girl. Because the man was none other than, Nicholas Salvadge, one of the wealthiest and respected men in the world, to meet him for few seconds people have to book appointments months ago, and his own relatives were no exception to this. If not for the dinners every six months where he invites some close relatives, then, he would have hardly met them. To be invited by him, and above this including the fact that this man went such length to make someone come to his mansion for dinner, was enough to make someone lack words.

The girl to whom his words were said, perceived it as normal as a daily occurrence, except a trivial curve of lips, there were no expressions on her face. Her posture straight, with one hand was inside her pant's pocket and beside her stood the young boy reaching nearly her shoulders, seemingly her stance appeared informal yet observant. The ever so smiling Kai inside the walls of his mansion was now stood silently with his face also devoid of any emotions.

"Now I really feel Mr. Salvadge's a retired person, you sure have a lot of time to think of such ways," At her nonchalant words, the man gave a hearty laugh.

"Jackson sure taught you his ways, including retorting too!" His exclamation earned a little wider smile from Allea.

His eyes moved toward the boy, with the same warm smile he complimented, "How handsomely you have grown, and resembles so much to Odgen."

Expect the shine in his eyes enhancing, there was no change in Kai's expression as he answered, "Thank you, sir."

He smiled at the mannered boy and before he could chat further, the interruption came in the form of new guests arriving at the living area. Nicholas Salvage excused himself and with his wife, who after warmly greeting them was busy entertaining the ladies, also joined him to greet the incoming guests.

Seeing his retreating back, leaving them alone, Allea turned toward her brother, and looked down at him as she put forward her words, giving his fresh mind an image of the people he'll meet today, "He's one of the rarest good men in this field, he helped your father set the business and always have been excessively regarding toward us."

She's doing what Jackson did to her, he slowly and steadily made an image of each person they met, sharing his experience with Allea. Although she knew about them already, for Kai these people were new, to meet them he has to know a little about how to approach them. Telling only about those who mattered, within concise words, not rushed but casual, also leaving room for him to make his own views about them. Hearing her words, Kai nodded, and his gaze flickered toward the smiling face of the old man, who was now greeting the incoming people.

"Do you know him?"

Jackson's voice was heard, casual and inquisitive, as he steps halted and stood beside Allea and Kai. Before he retired from business, under the shadow of Odgen Allgaier, Jackson was quite known in the circle, and now after long years of absence, he appeared again. The members of the Salvadge family who are also in business, particularly Nicholas Salvage's younger brother, were pretty familiar with him, the moment they stepped inside, Jackson became busy sharing words of greeting with them.