forty-three

"You're so old and still making faces. Just drink already, this herbal tea is good for your body."

Hearing my words, without giving much of an acknowledgment, he finally picked up the cup of tea and bring forward it to his lips to take a sip. Like a child, he closed his eyes and his face twitched while drinking it, but he still persevered. I also held my cup of herbal tea and sipped it while keeping notice that Jackosn finishes his. He hates drinking tea, any kind, he's much of a coffee guy, but caffeine is not good for jet lag, so, he has to bear herbal tea.

Taking advantage of his haggard state, I continued my teasing, "I know you're an old man now, but move around a little, it'll help your body recover soon."

Narrowing his eyes from behind the cup, he didn't say anything at me calling him old, and with another cold humph continued to sip his tea. We have become used to calling brat and old-man to each other, so, he has gotten used to his title as I'm used to mine. Jackson and I alone are seated here on the couches, after dinner, Elijah took the boys on a drive -who will be back anytime now. Thinking about Elijah's gift, I can only just stand aside and shake my head. As it's between Elijah and Kai, they have their own thing, I don't like myself indulging between it.

Elijah bought the car he drove in the race, Salvadge Manufacturer's latest car. He likes a lot of cars but he rarely buys any, unless he truly and wholeheartedly loves them. I know, although he loved this car, the partial reason behind his decision was Kai's influence. Well, because they didn't enjoy a ride on it, which Kai wanted so bad. I truly don't have to intervene in between them, because Elijah himself knows to what extent I can accept things, and I will definitely reprimand him if he decided to gift the car to Kai. That car is no simple thing that could be just gifted like this, Elijah knows this too, still, peeking at me he affirmed my over-excited brother, that whether it belongs to him or Kai, both are the same thing.

Seeing the car at our threshold, Kai fell into shocked silence, the glee and smile on his face brightened to the hundredth degree the second time in just an hour. The first was when he saw Jackson's gift. He arranged and bought VVIP passes to World Cyber Games that will be held in Seoul (South Korea) next month or so. Yeah, Kai was over the moon, no one could wipe off that gorgeous smile over his face, and his excitement was at the peak.

Thinking of this, I asked Jackson, "How long will be your excursion to Korea?"

Placing the cup on the table, he leaned against the sofa comfortably and lazily looked at me, "Three to four days, I guess."

Humming along with his words, I added, "I'll try to arrange my trip around yours."

Although the whole purpose of requesting Jackson to stay with Kai was that I don't have to disrupt his studies and bring him on a business trip. But, then again, this is Kai's gift from his uncle and I have no say in it.

"I heard you scored a deal with Carlocles, how did it go?"

Raising my gaze toward the lethargic man, I subtly grinned, "As usual, kinda smooth."

"Look at you, same obnoxious brat."

Instead of ignoring his compliment, I provokingly shrugged.

Slightly rolling his weary eyes, he inquired after a thoughtful pause, "Did Nicholas came to the meeting?"

"Yeah."

"Even after his retirement?"

I nodded, and recalled Mr. Salvadge's words, "He stated that he has retired from doing business but not from everything and will attend the board meetings."