fifty-three

Satisfyingly lying on the bed, leisurely walking around the vast room, reading business magazines, going through files, taking a short nap, calling Kai —Allea spent her time, and soon the darkness of night enveloped the sky. And now through the mirror, she was staring at herself in the beige-pink monochromatic suit, her gaze lingered for a second, and a moment later taking her things she left the hotel room.

In her elegant and unwavering stance, her crisp steps reached outside the hotel, where the cars were already prepared, one of the guards and other her personal.

As the chauffeur opened the door for her, she stepped inside and got comfortable, and not a second later her gaze moved toward the iPad in her hand. Now that Nayla was not at her side, Allea was revising over the names of the company's representatives, the digits of the loss they faced, and the details of the projects their dispute disrupted. When she was done doing this, Allea's gaze moved toward outside the window, enjoying the spectacle of the city lightened in the darkness.

Not once her eyes moved toward the chauffeur she was in discussion with in the morning, but that doesn't mean the amber eyes didn't flicker toward her face from time to time through the rear-view mirror. Allea's face was usual, her movements were natural, there was nothing unwavering in her demeanor as if she was not a single percent bothered about Zyair Ahlstrom sitting in the same car as her --as if he truly was just a driver.

The moment the reached they reached the hotel, she left and walked inside. Guided by the staff, she reached the private room, which just seconds ago was filled with voices but discerning her presence turned absolutely silent.

In the private room around a huge oval mirror table sat nine people, leaving two seats empty. Among them, two men and a woman fell over their fifties, one woman in her forties, the other woman and a man in their late thirties, and two young men in their late twenties. They all are the representatives of the companies that work under the export industry except the man in his early thirties, Mr. Enzo, who was hired by Allea to supervise all the company and act as a head executive of the industry.

Seeing Allea appearing, Mr. Enzo with a charming smile stood up to greet her, as she took her seat beside him the greetings came after one another which Allea returned politely.

[Disclaimer: This work is only published on watt/pad under profile: itsrujihere. The complete rights of the work: Allea belongs under this profile and Ruji. If you're reading [Allea] on some platform other than watt/pad(Unless I, Ruji, say so) then, I'm pretty sure they are stealing my work (i.e, a site that starts with novel), please don't support the thief.]

The room once again fell in silence, the two parties that were seated on either side of the table, exchanged glances among each other. The youngest among them was the woman who just came, Allea, and although she didn't say anything, the subtle lines of apprehension were visible on their foreheads but some had arrogance mixed in it. Allea didn't say anything to anyone, just exchanged light sentences with them talking about anything but business, even her tone and eyes were milder.

Soon the dinner was served and in silence, they ate, Allea enjoyed her food slowly, she was the last one to place her fork on the plate and take the sip of wine.

And after that, she raised her eyes, except Mr. Enzo her indifferent gaze lingered on each person sitting around the table.

"Working with us for so long, I don't know what gave you the idea that I would bear the recklessness, "She coldly voiced out, and the receivers of her words didn't raise their eyes to meet her until one arrogantly gazed at Allea and tried to say something.

"Miss Ciarve, you must look into this matter-"

Allea didn't let the man above his fifties finish, looked straight at him and asked impassively, "Mr. Giuseppe, do you think I'm here to look into the absurdness of your actions?"