twenty-seven

The stadium was packed with spectators when Allea came and seated beside Kai, who was excitedly looking around to have a look at the racing car's line-up, he didn't ask her anything. A slightly impressed smile tugged on her lips after seeing this enormous over-flown audience, all the stadium was full and people were even standing. Auspiciously, because of their VIP seats, the crowd was less overwhelming around them. Allea casually leaned against the chair to enjoy the race, her hair was tied in a ponytail, and her eyes were hidden behind brown sunglasses with an impassive face. They could be photographed by paparazzi and cameramen standing in every corner, but not clearly because of the shade covering them.

Today's race was being extra focused on, because of Salvadge's Manufacturer's new car launch, this was Aris Salvadge's sixth car launch and a one after about three years, everyone was looking forward to it. His first car came into the market about ten years ago and including that all the prior cars are still considered the latest and advanced in the market, their value hasn't lessened even all those years later. Seeing the crowd, one could say the people who are ordinarily not engrossed in cars, were also there to experience the view and witness it. People's interest was mostly piqued when Salvadge Manufacturers' released the teaser and catalog designs of the car. Which almost confounded even the people who were aware of Aris salvadge's abilities, this car could be considered almost perfect in all its ways.

As a known truth that there are bound to always have some flawed point in a car but through the latest car's catalogs, it felt like Aris Salvadge rectified it to the degree no one can find any fault in it, from its speed limits, engine capacity, power potential, and visuals, so on, everything felt straight out of fiction.
Although everyone had their doubts, they were also aware of the man's capability behind the making of this car so no one doubted him and were here to witness the car they probably wouldn't have a chance to see again.

It was no hidden fact after Salvadge Manufactures's stepped inside in space machinery manufacturing their cars became limited, and it was declared the only five cars were made of this new model, one was already in the hands of the racer -Elijah Cohan. If people were here to see the car then half of the stadium was here to see Elijah Cohan in that car.

"You lied."

These words were uttered by the man seated in his private lounge's couch, away from the curious eyes, he was wearing an all-black dress, a pitch-black shirt that outlined his ripped body was tucked inside similar shade dress pants covering his long sturdy legs, followed by a pair of leather polished shoes. His hair was slicked back showing his face with the same indifferent and cold look, although his attire looked a little casual -sitting leisurely crossed-leg on the sofa- the man himself emitted an aura of captivating ambiguousness. With a slight tilt of his head, his black eyes were fixed in the man seated on the sofa beside him, who had a docile smile on his face as he avoided looking at his friend.

"It was an excuse, I think she expected you himself," He put extra force on the last word and continued under his friends' intimidating gaze, "So you know, I was just...excusing for your absence."

Not bothering with the useless explanation as the guards already narrated him everything, he moved his eyes from his friend toward the floor-to-ceiling tinted windows, from where he could see the race tracks and the glimpse of the stadium filled with people, then his eyes moved toward the huge screens beside the window, which had access to the cameras of the whole stadium but currently showed the race track closely, the start-finish line and some of the audience, his gaze flickered from each screen while changing the angles of the cameras through the remote gripped in his hand.

When the man dressed in a grey suit didn't get a response from his friend at his explanation, he tried again, this time his facetious voice had an edgy seriousness, "Aris, are you perhaps interested in her?"