Chapter 5: The edge of life

Sora and his group arrived at the village, seeing that everyone was walking around in panic. The original keyblade wielder approached one of the villagers, asking what was going on only to receive the information he suspected along with Rem. Sora and Rem both recalled the events with the children, seeing where they all could've possibly have gone until they noticed that one of the lamps that was keeping the village safe was unlit.

Rem quickly explained to the group that with the barrier broken, mabeast can enter as they please and attack the villagers. Just as she finished speaking, heartless began to appear around the village.

"Oh no, the heartless are here as well!" 

Sora spoke with concern in his voice. Felt, Rem, and Subaru all three asked Sora what the heartless were, which Sora quickly explained to them about what the heartless are. Sora and Subaru both summoned their keyblades and were about to help the villagers yet Felt pulled out her knife and said to the two, 

"You three should probably go and save the children of this village. I believe that my strength alone can take care of these creatures."

"Are you sure about this Felt? At least-"

"Sorry to interrupt Sora but you have to go save the children and I feel that you'll need all the help you can get. Now go you idiot!"

Felt swiftly charged at the heartless as she finished speaking to Sora, confident that she can take down the heartless on her own. Sora looked at Felt and wanted to help her out yet Subaru insisted that they should get moving, having a feeling that they should start going into the forest. Sora nodded and quickly alongside Rem they all entered the forest with Rem leading the way, attempting to look for the children with their scent.

As Rem was looking for the children, a couple powerful looking heartless appeared in front of the three. Sora was prepared to take care of the heartless with Kingdom Key since he felt like he didn't need to summon his stronger keyblades yet Subaru stepped in front of his master.

"Don't worry Master Sora, allow me to handle these heartless for you."

"Wait Subaru-"

Subaru quickly charged at the big ball looking heartless, confident in his strength and with all his strength he swung his keyblade directly at the heartless

Subaru quickly charged at the big ball looking heartless, confident in his strength and with all his strength he swung his keyblade directly at the heartless. He felt his keyblade hit the heartless yet he can tell that it didn't kill the heartless, which left him shocked. 'Why didn't it take damage? Isn't this weapon supposed to be all powerful?' Subaru thought to himself in fear.

"Thundaga!" Sora yelled, summoning powerful lighting bolts at the heartless, easily destroying them with one hit. Seeing this made Subaru annoyed at himself, feeling angry that he didn't do anything. Sora could tell that his apprentice was disappointed that he didn't one-shot the heartless. He patted him in the back.

"Don't be hard on yourself, you did some damage to the heartless yet you still need to get stronger before you can just take out heartless in one hit."