Interlude 2: Rem

Subaru walked around the streets of Lugnica, completely calm as he alongside a young boy that resembled him with only elf ears walking alongside him, having Starlight in his hand. Subaru turned towards the child and quickly began to speak to him,

"Rigel, put Starlight away. We don't want to attract unnecessary attention."

"But father, I want to play with my weapon a little longer. Besides, you will just kick butt to anybody who would want to fight us."

"That may be true but a Keyblade Wielder shouldn't be picking fights. That goes more for me as a Keyblade Master."

"Fine fine." The boy known as Rigel put away Starlight, having understood that he can't be trying to pick fights since he holds an important weapon. As the two continue to walk around the Capital, Rigel begins to ask his father why they are in the capital city instead of the throne room with mother.

"We are here to visit your uncle Sora, after all he is not only my brother in spirit I need to visit but my old master."

"Why haven't Uncle Sora visited us then?"

"Rem and him have been training a new generation of Keyblade wielders, so he hasn't had time to visit due to having to train new people each day. Considering that he took this burden alone instead of allowing me to join, he hasn't had time to pay a visit to us so we are visiting him instead."

"Wait then why is mother not with us then?"

"She is busy governing a kingdom, I wouldn't want her to-"

"To what, Subaru?"

Subaru and Rigel both turned around when they heard a familiar voice speak to them to see an older Emilia in disguise approaching the two. Subaru was surprised by this while Rigel went towards his mother, happy to see that she is joining them. Subaru looked at Emilia with a nervous look before she grabbed him by the long hair he grew out and started to pull on it.

"You are such a dunderhead! If you had told me you were going to see Sora and Rem, I would've made time to join you both!"

"AH! Alright Alright I was wrong!" Subaru pleaded for Emilia to stop which she did with a smirk on her face before they continued to walk towards Sora's home with Subaru telling Emilia his classic question, "Who even says Dunderhead anymore?"

"I do, now lead the way."

Subaru nodded and quickly took his family towards Sora and Rem's home with Rigel asking his parents on how they met his uncle. Emilia and Subaru both looked at each other and completely realized that they are walking around the capital the same exact way they did when they were looking for the little girl's parents, making the two smile at each other. Subaru looked at his son and quickly answered the question in a confident tone and manner,

"Your uncle was saving two of our friends from a crazy assassin. We managed to arrive at the place in time where he was almost killed yet your amazing father stepped in and took the deadly blow."

"Then why are you still alive, father."

"I mean he did healed me before proceeding to beat up the assassin without hesitation. That was when we first met him."

"Hmm, I think you didn't help the situation."

"Hey!"

Emilia giggles at this with Rigel having a smile on his face, always enjoying his father when he was getting annoyed. Subaru looked at his son annoyed at first before laughing, agreeing with him since he really didn't do much that time. The two then started to talk about Sora, on how he was the first keyblade wielder in Od Laguna and was the only person to have defeated the Sword Saint despite how the sword saint had a ton of divine protections to prevent him from losing.