Chapter 26: Dangers on the outside

Subaru got a chance to talk to his parents about all the stuff he had to endure while in the new world, learning that he had been gone for almost a year in his world. His parents got along with Emilia, who was embarrassed by the fact that Subaru announced that she is the girl he loves in front of his parents.

They got along yet she would avoid questions regarding romance as she doesn't want to make a bad impression and she isn't sure how to answer properly. They also got along with Sora as well, surprised a young boy like Sora is extremely powerful.

The next night, Emilia had to undergo the trial once again yet she didn't feel discouraged as she got a pep talk by Naoko, surprised by how amazing Subaru's mother is. As they all waited outside for Emilia to beat the trial, Sora took the opportunity to speak with Kenichi to ask on how they even reach the world.

"Natsuki Kenichi, right?"

"Just call me Kenichi."

"Alright Kenichi, how did you and your wife get to this world?"

"Ah so some creep in a suit talking all funny like if he is supposed to be a clown or something opened some dark portal in front of us, telling us that we could see our son if we go through it but that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. We didn't trust it at first but then we realized that if there was a chance to see our son, then we were going to take it."

"Seems like that risk paid off. Were you both hurt?"

"A little, that thing is so annoying with all the darkness attacking you cause you don't have a stupid weird looking coat but no darkness stands a chance against the amazing Natsuki Kenichi!"

Sora smiled as he started to understand why Subaru acts a bit rash many times yet he is also worried that the person to have brought Subaru's parents to this world could've been Xehanort yet he wasn't sure. The two looked at the trial with Subaru having asked Garfiel if he liked Ram to which he responded with, "Well, she's hot, ain't she? Nothin' unusual about a guy bein' attracted to a strong, capable girl."

"I mean Ram-chan does seem like a capable girl."

"Thank you Naoko-chan. You should be more like your mother, Barusu. Respectful and well mannered."

"Hey!"

"Barusu?"

"Oh right, it is a nickname she gave me for some reason. Don't mind it too much, mother."

Naoko giggled as she enjoyed hearing her son having friends and being more active compared to when he was in japan

Naoko giggled as she enjoyed hearing her son having friends and being more active compared to when he was in japan. This made her pleased that someone was able to get him motivated to do something yet she felt a bit hurt that it wasn't her. As they all waited for a while, Subaru began to ask Garfiel if he wanted to do anything after the barrier was gone. Garfiel looked up and was unsure as he never thought about it.

"Well, that came outta nowhere. What do I wanna do once I'm outside? A guy who can come and go as he pleases wouldn't have a clue how the old hag and I feel."