Chapter 94: A rescue mission

As Subaru had managed to put Meili in one of the free rooms so she may rest, he went back to the main room.

"Is Meili okay?"

"Yes. She does look roughed up, but I didn't find any wounds."

"That's good...I think?" Kishida said, thinking that at least she wasn't injured...though that does bring into question. "If she was asking for help, then where's the Bowel Hunter?"

This was the big question. 

They know that Meili and Elsa are always together, which means for the little mabeast user to be on her own means that something happens to the bowel hunter.

"How much trouble did they get for the two to be separated?"

"Probably the witch cult levels of trouble." Yabuto speculated. "Considering her reason for not staying here is to avoid having the Sin Archbishop of Lust to arrive here, I can only think that this could be the one that caused the two to be separated."

"Yeah, I can see that possible." Subaru said, knowing full well how vindictive Capella can be. "But I doubt that she would let Meili to escape. She was also a 'daughter' of hers."

These words caused most in the room to think on the matter since he does have a point. 

Waraki remained silent this entire time, his hand shaking ever so slightly. 

The only one to notice was Petra though she didn't have the chance to ask the knight if he was okay due to him heading upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Kenichi questioned.

"We have to ask her ourselves."

"Wait hold on." Sora said as he along with Subaru, Yabuto, and Kishida attempted to stop Waraki. "Let Meili rest."

Waraki didn't respond and just continued his way towards the second floor. 

Yabuto and Kishida were disappointed in themselves since they should've suspected their friend to act up the moment the witch cult is brought into the conversation.

"*Sigh* This is my fault. This obsession of his should've been taken into account."

"What exactly did the witch cult did to him in order to develop such hatred when they are mentioned?" Sora asked, having a small idea on what could've caused Waraki to hate the witch cult. 

Before either Yabuto or Kishida answered this question, they both looked at each other with a concern expression while Subaru remained with a blank expression. 

He remembered in a failed loop that Capella had transformed into a little girl, one that Waraki knew. 

The only thing he could think of is that the witch cult took someone close to him, which he understands since in some failed loops, the witch cult had killed those he cared for. 

As the four managed to catch up to Waraki, Subaru and Kishida tackled him to the ground right as he was about to enter Meili's room.

"G-Get off!"

"No, dumbass! Don't you realize that she needs to rest! We don't know what shit she went through to get here. You'll get your answers but for now just be patient!"

"..." Waraki was silent for a moment, having noted what Kishida had said. "Tsk. Fine."

Waraki stopped struggling and just waited for Kishida and Subaru to get off of him before getting back up. 

Once he was on his feet, he started to walk back to the main room on the first floor. 

Once they returned to the others, Waraki apologizes to everyone for the way he acted before sitting in the corner, wanting to avoid another situation like this.