Chapter 84: The strongest warriors

Cloud continued to go on the offense, somehow surprising Cecilus since he didn't expect Cloud's Buster Sword to move with such speed.

The Blue Lightning continued to move around with create speed, turning into literal lightning when going all around Cloud but every time he closed in to attack, the warrior with blonde hair managed to block off the attack.

"You are pretty impressive!  What a legendary opponent you are!"

As Cecilus shouted this, he moved for a straight forward attack on Cloud, wanting to see if the warrior with the heavy looking sword was running out of strength any time soon.

Cloud looked confident at Cecilus as he managed to read what Cecilus's attack patterns were going to be, allowing him to deflect both swords with efficiency.

This continued on for some time until the darkness that was lingering around the blue lightning started to increase, allowing the first divine general to increase in both power and speed.

Cloud noticed this and was barely able to dodge two of Cecilus's attacks.

'This is bad.'

Cloud quickly jumped back a few feet away, trying to gain some distance from the Divine General.

As he did this, a sudden blue lighting approached him.

This forced Cloud to quickly summons a side blade in order to dual wield and counter both of Cecilus's swords at once.

As their weapons collide with extreme force, Cecilus once again started his compliments.

"You are just filled with tricks! That's what I like! It makes this legendary fight quite entertaining. It would be disappointing if you had this much skills only to lose in a dishonorable way."

"Don't worry about that, I won't lose."

"That's what I want to hear!"

Cecilus jumped back to break the blade lock before moving fast once again, becoming the literal blue lighting.

As he was the blue lighting, he was going in circles around the warrior, waiting for the right moment to strike.

While he was doing this, Cloud took a moment to think of a strategy.

He knows that Cecilus and him are still around the same level of strength and speed, with the darkness surrounding the divine general giving him just the edge to beat him.

He was tempted in using his own darkness, knowing full well that this could give him the advantage though he refused.

("How about a rematch sometime? Fair and square, no dark powers involved.")

It would be a disrespect to that promise, especially considering that he didn't use it against Sephiroth, someone he would totally use the darkness to eliminate.

Not just that but he also wants to walk a different path that can rely on the light.

As he was continuing to think for a strategy, Cecilus found his opening which prompted the divine general to go for the kill.

Cloud sensed this attack, prompting him to quickly use his side blade in order to block both of Cecilus's swords.

As he barely succeeded in doing this, the blue aura from earlier in the fight had returned.  This allowed the warrior from another world to push the divine general back if only barely.

"That aura of yours...it's so cool."

Cecilus complimented this as well, finding it similar to his blue lightning.