A Date

After the fight, everyone had to pick numbers from a box to decide their opponents. The match ups were pretty different from last time.

First match was Dosu vs. the dude from Karin's team. The second match was Shino vs. Kankuro. The third match was Neji vs. Gaara. The fourth match was Sakura vs. Ino. The fifth match was Shikamaru vs. Temari. The sixth, and final, match was Naruto vs. Sasuke.

———

The conversation with Kakashi wasn't bad. They did have to explain that they were from the future, but they weren't pressed for details. Kakashi told them that he'd help how he could, and he wasn't going to force them to explain. He trusted his students to take care of it, and know what and what not to tell.

They also talked to Neji. He just had one question and one request. He wanted to know if his death was in vain. He had figured out that Hinata died, but he wanted to know how long after he died. Did she die right after him? Was his death for nothing?

Naruto reassured him that his death was not in vain. Even though she was still young when she died, Hinata had lived long enough to get married. Neji's goal was accomplished. He was satisfied.

His request, however, caught Naruto by surprise. He wanted to be left out of their plans. If he was truly needed by them, then he was more than happy to help out, but he wanted to enjoy this life. There were a few things he regretted not doing before death, and he wanted to do them this time, and not in a rush. He wanted to take it a little slow. He didn't want to rush life.

   Naruto agreed. He didn't blame Neji, and was happy that Neji was taking a break. He really deserved one.

Now, Naruto had a plan that needed fulfilled.

———

"Naruto, you can't just burst into my home and drag me all over town whenever you feel like it." Gaara scolded.

"Relax, Gaara, you'll like this."

   "What are you planning?"

    Naruto refused to answer him. He wanted to keep it a surprise. Besides, he knew Gaara would back out once he knew what was going on. Gaara was a huge chicken when it came to this.

   "Hey, Bushy brows!" Naruto didn't realize he was training with Gai, but that could be dealt with.

   "Naruto, Gaara. what are you doing here?" Lee asked.

   "You know that thing we talked about before the Chunin exams?" Naruto asked.

   "Yes, is Gaara who you you talking about?" Gaara was cute, Lee couldn't deny it, but was he really Lee's type.

   "Yes! All I'm asking is for one day! You guys were made for each other! And Bushier brow-sensei, Kakashi-sensei was wanting a challenge with you. You better hurry." Nauto smiled.

   "Of course, I shall leave at once!" Gai ran off in search of his eternal rival.

   "Naruto, I will kill you." Gaara threatened.

   "Actually, I'm pretty sure you'll thank me. Have fun you two!" Naruto walked away with pride.

"I'm sorry to have interrupted your training." Gaara didn't know if he should walk away or ask to join Lee.

"It is fine. Since you are here, would you like to train with me?"

"Yes, I need work on my taijutsu. During our match, I noticed you're very skilled. I wouldn't have won if I didn't have my sand." That compliment caused Lee to look away blushing.

———

It was well into the night when they decided to take a dinner break. Gaara suggested BBQ, and Lee agreed.

Lee didn't expect to have that great of a time. It's not like he thought he'd have a bad time, but he didn't think it'd turn out like this. He had just gotten to know Gaara, but it seemed like he knew everything about him. There was some part of him screaming at him that Lee was really close to Gaara.

For some reason, Lee had a feeling that Gaara loved cacti, was the jealous type, which Lee found adorable, and was super powerful. As they talked, Lee found out he was right about the cacti, and a lot of other things he predicted about Gaara. Naruto was right, Lee really liked Gaara.

Even after they ate their fill, they stayed and talked. They left only after a waiter kicked them out because new customers arrived, and needed their seat.

"I need to head back to my place. My siblings will start to worry if I'm not back soon." Gaara was not happy to cut the date short, but it couldn't last forever.

"I shall walk you walk you home!" Gaara took him the long way home, desperate for every second he had with Lee. When they made it to Gaara's place, they stopped in front of the door.

   "Lee, I-I-" Gaara was cut off by short kiss.

   "Gaara, would you like to go on a youthful date with me sometime?" The Gaara could do was nod. He felt eighteen all over again. Talking to Lee, trying to work up the courage to ask him out on a date only for Lee to ask him.

   Gaara's two siblings were watching the scene from the window. One was smirking while the other looked gloomy.

   "Pay up, Kankuro. I won the bet." Temari received 20 bucks from her brother.

   "You better marry this guy considering I lost 20 bucks because of him." Kankuro pouted.

   Gaara walked in with a smile on his lips. He hadn't been this happy in a long time. He turned his head to see his siblings smirking at him. That's when it hit him. They were spying on him.

   "So, Gaara..." Temari trailed off for Kankuro to continue.

   "... that guy you were with..."

   "... tell us all about him." Gaara really hated his siblings.

———

That's the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

Time To Fuck Up The Timeline On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara