Confession Time

Song Title: Nightcore Rewrite The Stars

When Anko came home, she saw Naruto and Hinata cuddled up on the couch. They were both asleep. They didn't look like they did anything wrong, but she knew Hiashi would be angry and she'd get the blame.

She decided she was too tired to deal with this, so she made herself some coffee. She sat down on the chair across from the couch and waited for them to wake up while sipping on coffee. After about ten minutes, Hinata woke up. She realized Anko was there and jumped from fright which woke Naruto up.

   "So you guys are finally awake. Mind explaining why you guys fell asleep on my couch? Together?" Anko raised her eyebrows.

   "I'm so sorry Anko. Once Naruto regained his memories, he collapsed. I brought him home to rest and I guess I fell asleep too." Hinata explained.

   "Once he... Naruto regained his memories?" Anko set down her coffee cup.

   "I... have my... memories back. They're-they're all here. I remember everything." Naruto smiled before frowning. He buried his face in his hands. "I remember everything. All of it."

   "It's gonna be ok." Hinata kissed his temple.

   "I guess I owe you an explanation." Naruto faced Anko.

   "I'm listening."

———

"So you're telling me you guys are from the future because of a war caused by Madara?" Anko asked.

"That's correct." Naruto stated.

"I believe you." Anko sat back in her chair slouching pretty badly.

"You what? Really?" Naruto couldn't believe his ears.

"It makes sense... in a way. You've always been a rather easy child. You've always been more powerful than normal even for a jinchūriki. I just... how long have you been from the future?" Anko asked.

   "Before we met." Naruto admitted.

   "Why didn't you say no? You could've refused my offer to adopt. You wouldn't have had to hide things. It would've made your job easier." Anko said.

   "At this age, I was craving for attention. It would've been too suspicious if I refused." Naruto said.

   "And..." Hinata was going to make sure Naruto kept his relationship with Anko.

   "I also wanted this. This had never happened before. I wanted to feel a mother's love. Don't get me wrong, I know my biological mother loves me. I can still feel her love from when I first met her, but I still want a mother's hug." Naruto confessed.

   "Why didn't you tell me before? I could've helped you." Anko sat next to Naruto and gave him a side hug.

   "Because I didn't want you to remember what happened in my time. Things happened very differently in my time. Things will change once you remember, and I don't want them to." Naruto bit his lip to keep himself from crying.

   "What would change?" Anko desperately wanted to help him, but she didn't know how.

   "We first met at the Chunin exams. You were my proctor for the second phase. Back then you also threw a kunai at my cheek." Naruto brushed the part of his cheek that got cut with a soft laugh. "You never offered to adopt me. We were never that close until you took me, Shino, and Ino on a mission.

   "We created a bond, but we still weren't that close. I doubt you'll still want me living with you." Then a slap came. Hit him on the back of his head. It came from Hinata. "Wha-"

"You just said you created a bond. You taught me that bonds aren't easily broken. They last forever. So don't talk like that. What happened Naruto? What made you so pessimistic?" Hinata searched deep into his eyes, but she could only see sadness. Perhaps it's because his memories just returned. He just lived through all of them. And there were so many bad ones.

"She's right. Besides, even if we weren't that close, I have these memories. Their enough to keep our relationship no matter what happens." Anko could see it was working. His fears were fading away, but something was still there. She didn't know what it was, but, from the looks of it, Hinata did.

"Walk with me." Hinata dragged Naruto out of the house and out of the village.

   "Where are you taking me?" Naruto asked.

   "You'll see."

An hour later.

———

   "Do you remember this place?" Hinata asked Naruto.

   "How could I forget where the happiest moment of my life took place? Our wedding."

"It was small and we didn't have much time, but it still meant the world to the both of us. Do you remember our vows?"

"I'd never forget them."

"Then why are you breaking them? You said you would always make sure I'm happy and if I'm upset, you'll make me laugh. You'll never give up on ending the war so you and I can live happily. Well you're not happy. You're being pessimistic. You're giving up on being happy. I don't know what happened after I died, but it's clear you've never came close to recovering from whatever it was." Hinata gently placed her hand on his cheek which he nuzzled into immediately.

   "You are the most important person in my life, Hinata. When you died, part of me died too. I was a huge mess. Thankfully, Shikamaru was able to snap me out of it. A few days later, Kakashi-sensei died. I was the Seventh Hokage, and that's when the war really went down hill.

   "It was under my leadership that everyone died. There were less casualties for the next year and a half. I thought we had a chance. I thought we were doing better, but there was a huge weapon. It should've killed us all. I was only able to save myself, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru, and Gaara with Sasuke. The drawback was greater than what Madara thought it would be. One punch from Saura, and he was dead. We won.

"It was all my fault. I was supposed to protect everyone, but I failed. I let everyone die. Some Hokage."

"Naruto, you are saving people. You went back in time for everyone. You haven't failed. And I know you won't. You're Naruto Uzumaki. You swore to me you'd end this war, and that's exactly what you'll do even if it takes several trips back in time, but I know it won't."

"Can you go back in time again?" Naruto asked Kurama inside his head.

"Technically, but it would kill you, so I'd prefer if we didn't." Kurama answered.

"Or I could just kill you now." Naruto and Hinata looked at where the voice came from. It was Hidan's voice and he was carrying an unconscious Temari. "I want Shikamaru Nara. Either of you guys know where I can find him?"

———

There's another chapter done. I hope you enjoyed it. Have a fantastic day.