Well, I Don't Remember This

Song Title: Everytime we touch- Cascada

Naruto had slept for three days straight. Iruka tried to wake him up to feed and hydrate Naruto, but Naruto couldn't be woken up for anything. Needless to say Naruto was super weak. I mean, he did go three days without eating or drinking.

Naruto was up to perfect health, so he was going back to academy. The academy. He's gonna have to see everyone's faces again. He's gonna see Hinata's face again. Her beautiful, little, perfect face. The face that he ignored for so many years. What. An. Idiot.

———

Just as Naruto planned, he arrived later than Hinata, but earlier than most people. In fact, it was only Sasuke, Hinata, and Iruka. He chose to sit next to Hinata.

"Hello, Hinata-hime." Naruto greeted.

'Hime?!' Hinata then passed out.

"Hime?" Sasuke was barely able to keep his laugh in.

"It just slipped out, ya know!" Naruto's voice became ten times higher and his face was completely red.

"Weren't you in love with Sakura?" Sasuke knew Iruka had caught on to that. Naruto had better have a good excuse.

"Recently I had some time to think, and I've come to the realization that Hinata is way better than Sakura." Naruto explained.

   "You're here early." Iruka commented.

   "I've had a lot of sleep these past few days. I also feel great! I think it's because that doctor healed me. I really didn't think a doctor would try to heal me." Naruto smiled.

   Maybe Shikamaru, Sakura, and Sasuke threatened a doctor to heal Naruto. I mean, that's just a possibility. A theory, really. No one will ever know for sure.

   So, Iruka had a different thing planned for the day. He had some boring work planned, but now that Naruto had a crush on Hinata, that changed everything. His ship just might sail.

"Today, we will be having a team assignment. You will be separated in pairs. Who your partner is, you'll be spending the entire day together. From now, to sunset. You will go through town and do different activities together. Whatever you guys want.

   "Sakura and Ino, Kiba and Shino, Shikamaru and Chouji, Naruto and Hinata, Sasuke and some random, unimportant character that Sasuke can't stand." Iruka explained. "You can go now."

'I don't remember this assignment.' Sakura thought.

'Did something happen to where Iruka-sensei needed Naruto and Hinata to be together?' Shikamaru looked at Hinata and Naruto. Naruto looked extremely happy and in love with Hinata. Hinata looked at Naruto the same way. 'That explains it.'

'I didn't know Iruka-sensei let his shipping habits interfere with his teaching.' Sasuke sighed. He then saw his partner heading his way. 'This is too cruel.'

———

   "What would you like to do Naruto-kun?" Hinata asked

   "Ummmm... it's too early for lunch, and I have been needing to go shopping. Is it ok with you, if we go shopping?" Naruto asked.

   "Sure. What do you need?" Hinata asked.

"The general stuff. Ya know, food, toilet paper, soap." Naruto answered.

   Naruto went straight to the instant ramen cups. He got some healthy food too. Stuff for sandwiches, salads, and omelettes. He bought some milk too. His milk was expired and he already learned his lesson. He bought a few more items before checking out. He needed more stuff, but the things he was already getting, was gonna be way overpriced. He couldn't afford to get anything else until his next paycheck.