Let's Be Friends

Song Title: Nightcore Courtesy call

Kurama didn't say anything about the pain they'd be in. It wasn't a small pain either. It was torture. Actually, it hurt more than torture. They had all been tortured before, but this pain was on as whole new level. They couldn't even blink without hurting. They had all passed out after a while, much to their delight.

When they woke up, they were in their old beds. The beds they had when they were around twelve. They also felt incredibly weak. Kurama really didn't tell them these things. To be fair, they probably should've expected this. They did just travel back in time. It would make sense for that to take up a lot of energy.

"Kurama, why can't I move?" Naruto asked inside his head. He couldn't speak physically.

"It was a big jutsu that takes up a lot of energy. Because I used your body to do it, you took the most damage. Everyone else should be feeling weak, but they'll be better by the end of the day. You, on the other hand, it'll probably take you a few days to completely recover." Kurama informed.

"You didn't think to tell me this earlier?" Naruto's eye twitched in annoyance.

"I thought to, but I didn't want to." Kurama smirked.

"You're a jerk." Naruto said.

"That's my purpose in life." Kurama claimed.

———

"Shikamaru! Get up! You'll be late for class!" Yoshino pounded on his door.

"Mornings are a drag." Shikamaru yawned letting his mom know he was up.

Hearing his mom's voice hurt. He felt as though he had been stabbed in the heart. It was gonna be even harder seeing his parents. Who knew going to the past was going to be this troublesome. Especially being a Nara. He was going to have to hide this from an entire clan of geniuses, and he lived with the smartest one of all.

   Thankfully, he was a lazy child. That meant taking a long time to get ready, and having his head down so that he didn't see his parents, wasn't suspicious.

   "Hurry up and leave. You're going to be late!" Yoshino shoved him out the door.

   "I'm going. I'm going." Shikamaru accidentally made eye contact with his father. That was a mistake. Quickly breaking eye contact and the mix of emotions in his eyes made him look really suspicious. Shikaku didn't say anything even though he knew something was off. He'd keep a closer eye on Shikamaru, but, for now, he'd let this play out.

   'Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! He's already suspicious of me. This is going to be way too hard to hide from him. If I do anything too suspicious, he's going to call Inoichi immediately. There's no way I can hide from Inoichi. I'll be found out quickly that way.' Shikamaru panicked. This was not a good first day.

———

   Sasuke got up and went to class after pouting over how weak he was. He didn't have any trouble. I mean it wasn't gonna be that hard to hide he was from the future. The only relationship he had in that time period was with Naruto, and Naruto travelled back in time with him. Yeah, this was gonna be easy for him.

———

   This was also gonna be easy for Sakura. Her parents loved her, but they often went on trips, and Sakura never spent much time with her parents. The only hard part was gonna be acting like a hopeless fan girl. Just thinking about it made her cringe.

———

   Things were gonna be alright with Gaara. He was definitely gonna stop murdering people. He also wanted a good relationship with his siblings. Also, if he did this, maybe the murder attempts would stop. That'd be nice.

   1. No murder

   2. Good relationship with siblings

   3. Don't go mentally unstable

   4. Prevent murder attempts

   Yeah, that list seemed doable. This was gonna be a breeze.

———

"Does anyone know where Naruto is?" Iruka asked the class.

"Who cares? Class will be a lot more peaceful without him." Kiba smirked.

"Like you're one to talk." Sakura glared.

"Hey! I'm not as bad as that idiot!" Kiba defended. "Right Akamaru?" Akamaru gave Kiba a guilty look.

"Even you're dog agrees!" Ino laughed.

"Everyone stay here. I'll be back." Iruka left.

'Why isn't Naruto here? Even if we are from the future, he'd never skip this class. He could be dead. I did feel pretty weak this morning, and his body was the one doing the jutsu. Kurama did say this could be dangerous. Naruto, you better not be dead. We've lost too many people already.' Shikamaru thought.

Sasuke and Sakura was thinking the same thing. They really hoped Naruto was alive. They wouldn't know what to do if he was dead. It seemed like Naruto was too strong to die. It wouldn't seem right if he died now.

Sasuke just left. He didn't like worrying. It just wasn't his style. When Ino got up to follow Sasuke, he sent her a glare that made her sit back down.

   "What's got you all gloomy? It's creeping me out." Ino gave Sakura a weird look.

   "I was just thinking how stupid this is. Our situation, I mean. We're fighting over someone who doesn't even acknowledge our existence. It ruined our friendship. Don't get me wrong, I still love Sasuke, but I don't think it should've gotten in the way of our friendship." Sakura was actually worried about Naruto, but she also wanted her friendship with Ino back.

   "You're the one who let it end. You're the one who let it get between us." Ino couldn't believe what Sakura was saying. Ino new Sakura had a crush on Sasuke before Sakura found out about Ino. Ino didn't say anything. She didn't let it get between their friendship. She hid her crush from Sakura so that they could keep their friendship. And now Sakura wants to be friends? Sakura ended their friendship and now she wants it back? That wasn't fair.

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have done that to you, Ino. If you want, I'll stop trying to impress Sasuke. You can go after him. I won't compete for his affection anymore." Maybe it was wrong of Sakura to say that. She already knew Sasuke loved her, but she also knew Ino loved Sai. When Sai comes into the picture, Sakura knew Ino would end up in love with him.

"You're serious about this." Ino realized.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore." Sakura nodded her head.

"Oh, you can continue trying to win over Sasuke-kun. It'll make my victory all the better." Ino gloated.

"You just made a big mistake considering I'm going to win." Sakura warned.

———

Well, I hope that chapter was better than the last. I also hope you enjoyed it even if this is definitely not one of my best works. Have a good day.