Remember

This was going to be more difficult than Ino expected. Her body wasn't nearly as strong as she thought it was. She was whelmed with all the damage done to Naruto's brain. She wasn't even sure where to start to make it better.

"You're here to help Naruto regain his memories, correct?" Kurama asked.

"Holy fuck! Please give me a warning you're there next time." Ino about had a heart attack. "Yes, I'm here to help Naruto."

"Good. I can help you. I've done some work of my own. I've helped clear some foggy parts and guide you through some of this mess, but I'm afraid that's all I could do. I'm not exactly a mind expert." Kurama said.

   "Thank you, Kurama. Just navigating through this mess would've taken days. Now it'll be done in a few hours." Figuring out where everything was supposed to be is the hardest part about the jutsu.

   "Let's get started."

———

   Was Inoichi concerned about his daughter? Definitely. For the past few days, she's been acting strange. She'd get these random headaches. She always seemed lost. As if she had no idea what was going on. Then today, when one of her headaches hit, she went to her room to try to get rid of it, but a few minutes later she left in a rush. She said she had some business to take care of and ran off forgetting her shoes.

   He ended up following her to the hospital. She met Tsunade, Jiraiya, Naruto, Sasuke, and Hinata there. She whispered something in Shikamaru's ear before leaving with Shikamaru, Sasuke, Naruto, and Hinata close behind. They ended up on the roof. Ino grabbed Naruto's temples and they both seemed to be in a sort of trance. Ino had entered Naruto's mind. Sasuke left them, and came back with Sakura shortly after.

   Shikamaru was the one who caught him. He lazily looked over to Inoichi and gave him a look that said I know you're there. Come out.

   "Inoichi, what are you doing here?" Shikamaru asked.

   "I followed Ino here. She was acting strange, so I decided to see why she was in such a hurry to leave." Inoichi answered.

   "At least it's just him. He already knows about us." Sasuke was leaning on... a tree? What? They're on a roof. He supposed it was because Sasuke's cool. If you're cool, you always need a wall or a tree to lean on. It's just the rules. You also need to be either nonchalant or one hundred percent serious. Sasuke was going with nonchalant this time.

"Does that mean he's from our time?" Hinata asked.

"Not really. Dad thought I was acting suspicious, so he called Inoichi to figure out what was going on. Now they both know about our secret." Shikamaru explained.

"I can't blame you. It's only a matter of time before my father catches me. Neji is doing a good job hiding it, but I'm having trouble going back to how I used to act. The shyness and all the stuttering isn't me anymore. I hate how I used to be." Hinata said.

"Don't let Naruto catch you saying that. He'd throw a fit." Sasuke said.

"What are they doing?" Inoichi asked.

"Ino found a way to help Naruto regain his memories. During the war, Ino researched the mind a lot. The drug that was used on Naruto, was created by Kabuto. We lost many comrades because of it. Thankfully Ino was able to create a jutsu to fight it." Unfortunately that's what got her killed, but Shikamaru decided to leave that part out.

"So she's back from the past." Inoichi didn't want to hear that. He honestly hoped she'd never remember. War is a traumatizing thing to go through, and from what he heard, that war was far worse than the others. He really didn't want his daughter to remember that. "What's Sakura doing?"

   "The jutsu puts a lot of strain on the user and patient. Sakura is there to help relieve the strain on them. She heals Naruto, and helps Ino manage her chakra." Sasuke answered.

   "Since I'm not up to full power, it takes a lot of focus, so try to keep the talking to a minimum." Sakura's eyes were closed to help her concentrate, but they could all see the glare she was sending them. They were all too terrified to speak for the remainder of the time it took Ino to heal Naruto.

———

The moment Ino was done with the jutsu, she, Sakura, and Naruto collapsed from exhaustion. Inoichi caught Ino, Sasuke caught Sakura, Hinata caught Naruto, and Shikamaru was too lazy to move an inch.

"Whats wrong with them?" Inoichi asked.

"It's a strong jutsu. They're all just exhausted. A little sleep and they'll be back to normal." Shikamaru said.

Right. Inoichi knew that. It made sense. He was freaking out over nothing. Honestly it was a little embarrassing.

"I'll take Naruto to his house. Let him rest in his own bed for awhile." Hinata ran off with Naruto in her arms.

———

Anko was fully healed. Tsunade did a fine job healing her to perfection. They'd keep her overnight then release her. Then she'd force Naruto to tell her exactly what was going on with him (after she finds out his memories have been returned because at this point in time she has no idea Naruto remembers everything).

———

Ok so this was a pretty short chapter, but the next one will either be a lot longer or a lot shorter. I have no clue. Imma go for longer, but my plans usually suck so who the hel (so I just read the part in Magnus Chase where he meets Hela and it's stuck in my mind, ok? There are so many references littered all over this story it's insane.) knows what's going to happen. Have a good day everyone!