Chunin Exams

Song Title: Hall Of Fame by The Script

Ok, just act like I'm a Nara. I'm way too lazy to rewrite the wave mission, so we're gonna skip it because nothing different happened. So, yeah, Chunin exams are about to begin.

———

Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto were about to register for the Chunin exams. Like last time, they were stopped by Lee. Unlike last time, someone was spying on them. Not so much team seven, but they were definitely spying on Lee. They did send a few glares to Sakura though.

Lee challenged Sasuke and declared his love to Sakura. That only intensified the glares sent to Sakura. She could feel the glares sent her way. Gaara's glared were always the worst. He had spent the majority of his life perfecting those glares, so that would make sense.

   "Lee, I'm sorry, but I don't return your feelings." Sakura said.

   "That is sad to hear, but I won't give up on you Sakura." Lee stated.

   "Oh, for the love of-" Sakura grabbed Sasuke's shirt and pulled him into a long kiss. "See, I love Sasuke."

   "Bushy brows, I've got someone I think you'd like better than Sakura." Naruto glanced at the direction Gaara was hiding in. He then watched as Gaara ran far away.

"Better than the beautiful Sakura? That is not possible." Lee refused.

"Just give him a shot. I can already hear wedding bells. It'll be great!" Naruto grinned before running away with Sakura and Sasuke.

"Him? How did he know I-" Lee shook his head. "That does not matter now. I must look for Tenten and Neji."

———

"Hinata, I'm glad you joined the Chunin exams!" Naruto grinned.

"Y-you too, Naruto." Hinata gave a gentle smile.

'So cute!' Naruto thought.

"We're here too." Kiba glared.

"Yes, it is rude to ignore people, Naruto. That is because you might hurt someone's feelings." Shino agreed.

"Oops. Sorry guys." Naruto apologized.

"That Naruto. Always has a one tracked mind." Shikamaru muttered in annoyance. 'And it's usually filled with thoughts about Hinata or training.'

   After a little bit, Kabuto found some way to introduce himself. Once they heard his voice, all the time travelers groaned inside their heads. They hated Kabuto. Just thinking about him made them want to gag.

"I don't like you. You give off bad vibes." Naruto stated bluntly.

   "Bad vibes?" Kabuto was confused. 'Bad vibes?! I'm a spy! I don't give off bad vibes even if I do have ill intentions. It's my job to hide what I'm truly thinking. Perhaps he's a sensory type? I'll have to warn lord Orochimaru about this.'

   "Yeah, so could you leave us alone." Naruto requested.

   "I have to agree with Naruto on this. Leave us alone." Sasuke chimed in. Kabuto did what he was told, and walked away in complete shock.

   "Oh, Sasuke-kun, thanks for making that scary man go away. He was totally creepy." Ino leaned on Sasuke, much to his annoyance.

   "I did it too." Naruto muttered.

   "G-good job, Naruto-kun." Hinata squeaked out making Naruto send her a huge grin.

If Sakura was allowed to kiss Sasuke to get her fans off her back, then Sasuke could kiss Sakura to get his fans off his back. Literally, in Sasuke's case anyway. So, when Sasuke did kiss Sakura, all the rookie genin's mouths dropped from shock. Aside from Naruto and Shikamaru that is. Shikamaru only rolled his eyes at the pair.

"WHAAAAATTT?!" Ino shrieked. "WHEN DID YOU TWO GET TOGETHER?!"

   "Not long ago." Sakura lied.

   "How-" Ino got interrupted by Ibiki entering the room, and explaining the test.

———

"I'm so bored." Naruto tapped in Morse code.

   "Yeah, these questions are too easy." Sakura tapped back.

   "Yeah, too easy. I wish they would give us harder questions." Naruto gulped.

   "You can't answer a single question, can you, Naruto?" Shikamaru asked.

   "What? Yeah, I can. These questions are too easy." Naruto started sweating bullets.

   "Tch, dobe." Sasuke tapped.

"What was that, Teme?! Besides, Gaara isn't answering questions either. He's just spying on Lee with his sand eye." Naruto defended.

"I've already answered all the questions." Gaara explained.

"Already? That was so fast." Naruto's jaw dropped.

"Naruto, it's been thirty minutes." Sakura stated.

———

'Ok, Sakura, time to give me some answers. Mind transfer jutsu.' Ino entered Sakura's mind.

   'Hey, get out of my mind!' Sakura kicked Ino out immediately.

   Ino was really shocked. Sure, she wasn't as good as her dad at this, but she liked to think she was pretty good at her clan's jutsus. However, Sakura just kicked her out in less than a second! That wasn't supposed to happen. 'Maybe Naruto has an answer.' Ino didn't know why she thought Naruto would have some answers. He was an idiot.

   'Get out of here!' Kurama yelled at her, but Ino was too frightened to move.

'Sorry about him, Ino. He's just grumpy because I spent too much chakra on training last time.' Naruto apologized.

'Wha- that's the- the-'

'Yeah, we all know who I am, so get lost. You're in my turf and I don't like it." Kurama glared. This time, she was able to release her jutsu.

'Why did I think Naruto would be a good idea?' Ino face palmed. 'Shikamaru is smart, so he'll probably have some answers if he wasn't too lazy to do the test that is.

Shikamaru allowed Ino to enter his mind because he was too lazy to kick her out. Besides, she was looking for answers to the test, and she was on his team. It would look too suspicious if he didn't let her, and, surprisingly, he did the test. He thought about not doing it, but decided to do it for a situation just like this. Even Shikamaru took the exams seriously last time and answered all the questions.

———

   "Time's up. Long explanation about test." Ibiki explained. Naruto yelled again and a lot of people passed. At that moment, Anko burst in through the window.

   "Listen up, maggots! I'm the proctor for the second exam. Now, if you would exit through the window." Anko ordered. "There's a lot of them this year. Have you lost your touch, Ibiki?"

   "It's a tough batch this year, and your brat, he's an odd one. Him, and his friends." Ibiki stated.

   "What do you mean?" Anko asked.

   "They were talking to each other through Morse code for half of the exam."

   "And you still passed them? You really have lost your touch."

   "I passed them because they weren't cheating. They were just talking about random things. They sounded like they've been friends for years, but I've only seen Shikamaru with team seven only a few times. Also, they knew Gaara from Suna."

   "I knew Shikamaru had recently become friends with Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke, but how did they know Gaara?"

———

   So sorry this took so long. I had no idea what to write for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.