F

After the clan thing, Hinata left to visit Naruto in the hospital. Hanabi was still asleep and she didn't feel like staying in the compound. Naruto has always been her safe place and she really needed him. She really missed him too. Anyway, at the hospital she met Konohamaru who was also visiting Naruto. He had brought a bouquet of yellow crocus flowers.

"Hello Konohamaru." Hinata greeted.

"Big sis Hinata! It's great to see you!" Konohamaru went in for a hug.

"It's good to see you too. I'm sure Naruto will be happy to see you when he wakes up."

   "Speaking of which, how did this happen? I was only told that Big Brother Naruto was severely injured, but I have no idea why."

   So Hinata told him the story of everything that happened. Once finished he had a grave expression. "I'm so sorry Big Sis Hinata. You must be heartbroken." He hugged her tightly.

   "Yes, but I'll be alright. I'm mainly worried about Hanabi. She had a much better relationship with Father than I did."

"Um... I was actually wondering about Hanabi." Konohamura looked down at the ground as a blush crept its way on his face. "Has she, by chance, remembered anything?"

"Well-" Hinata was actually interrupted by Hanabi herself.

"Oh, hello! I didn't expect anyone except for my sister to be here. Konohamaru, right? I think I've seen you around here." Hanabi pretended as if she had no idea who her boyfriend was.

"Yup, that's right! Well, I'll see you around. I have to go now, Kay?" Konohamaru became all flustered as he ran out the door.

"Why did you lie to him?" Hinata gave her a disapproving look.

"One, he looks so cute when he's flustered. Two, I needed him to leave quickly, but don't worry, I'll make it up to him."

"So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"It's about why you gave up on being the clan head. You're going to leave soon, aren't you?"

Hinat paused. "How did you know?"

"I know you. That's the only explanation, but I don't know why."

"Naruto."

"What does Big Brother Naruto have to do with anything?"

"You know Naruto just as well as you know me. What do you think he'll do the moment he wakes up?"

"Leave to find his brother and you're going with." Hanabi frowned.

"I have to. He's my husband and I can't let him do this alone. He'll have to face Kabuto and look at the damage he's caused after just one attack. There's no way he's doing this without me."

"I know. I'm just going to miss you. I won't have my big sister around."

"Come hear, Hanabi." Hinata stretched out her arms which Hanabi ran into them without hesitation. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Do you know why I chose Brother Neji to take over?" Hanabi shook her head. "Because I trust him. He's the only person I know who will lead the clan well and not try to manipulate you. He'll protect you with his life. He's the person I trust most to look after you in my absence. You're my baby sister, so I love you. It's my job to take care of you."

———

   "So we all know what's going to happen once Naruto wakes up, right?" Shikamaru looked around the room. Sakura, Sasuke, and Gaara nodded their heads.

   "He's going to wake up and demand to be allowed to leave to go after Menma." Gaara stated.

   "But I'm going to force him to stay for awhile. He's still pretty injured so he's staying until he's healed. Even if I have to break a few bones." Sakura stated.

   "Ok... that's that I guess." Shikamaru would lie if he said he wasn't a little afraid of her in that moment.

   "So who all is going to accompany him?" Sasuke asked.

   "Since Lady Tsunade is here, the village won't need me so I can go. After all with you guys, you'll need a healer. Somehow you always end up injured. Assuming you're going that is." Sakura looked at Sasuke.

   "It's not like I have a reason to stay here. What about you two?"

   "I'm not sure my parents will be happy about it, but I'm coming too. I want to help defeat Kabuto. That bastard needs to die." Shikamaru said.

   "As Kazekage and son of the current Kazekage, I should be able to get whatever we need. I'm rich and my father is paying for everything." Gaara said.

   "Does he know he's paying for everything?" Shikamaru asked

   "Nope." Gaara answered happily.

   "So we're all going?" Shikamaru asked.

   "Of course. Did you really expect anything else?" Sakura asked.

   "Not really." Shikamaru shrugged.

———

   "Naruto will find you. He will search for his little brother." A man was chained up to the wall glaring at Kabuto who was holding baby Menma.

   "Oh, I'm counting on it, Hiashi. I'm also counting on Naruto's friends to accompany him. Including your daughter. That's where I'll kill them all." Kabuto gave a sadistic grin.

   "No! You will not lay a hand on my daughter." Hiashi spat.

   "You're not really in a position to give threats. Besides, I'd start worrying about yourself. After all, who knows if you'll live long enough to see them perish. But who knows? It would be fun to kill her right in front of her." Kabuto daydreamed about it. "Now, let the experiments begin."

———

   Well, how was it? I hope you enjoyed it and in case I don't update until next month, have a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate this time of year!