14

TW: There will be death/stabbing in this chapter so please be warned if you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

Fundy sat in the seat next to you, watching as Schlatt, Quackity and Tubbo all stood chatting quietly on stage. Tubbo has set off some fireworks just outside the overhang on the podium and you watched as they exploded in the air with awe, though the man to your right didn't seem too impressed. He was watching quietly, intently as Schlatt walked up to the podium and flicked the microphone on, making it squeal loudly. 

Everyone winced at the loud shriek from the microphone and Schlatt tapped on it, his eyes landing on you and Techno sat in the front row and he smiled at you, giving you a small nod. You gave him a nervous smile in return. You had to seem grateful that he'd invited Techno because for all he knew you thought he invited Techno for you, though you definitely knew otherwise. 

"Alright everyone, Quiet!" Schlatt said loudly, his voice echoed throughout the area, everyone who was once quietly chatting now was looking up at the podium in silence. Schlatt was stood tall, his suit freshly pressed and neat and his facial hair had been trimmed so he looked more... presidential was one way to put it. "Welcome to the Festival of Manberg!" he exclaimed, gesturing to the decorated area not far from the podium. there were lanterns in the trees, large umbrellas to hide under if it began to rain, banners on the pillars that held up the overhang on the podium and games, a wrestling arena and other fun little things set about, it was lovely, you might've enjoyed it if it weren't for the man who had planned it. Everyone clapped and cheered around you and you were quick to join in, whooping and cheering along. Techno clapped along as Shlatt covered the mic and began speaking to Tubbo, who looked mildly upset at the conversation being had. "Anyway's," Schlatt turned back to the mic with the same saccharine smile he always had "Thank you all for being here, please, enjoy the festivities!"

The cheers resounded once again and you followed suit but the lump that had formed in your throat had made it hard to try and enjoy the festival. Schlatt made his way down the podium with his Vice President and Secretary of state. You all stood and everyone split into their groups to chat and you stayed with Techno,  watching as Schlatt went around and greeted each and every little group. 

"I don't like this." Techno said quietly. He was armed to the teeth and so were you but there were at least fifteen people here who had armor and weapons and were ready to attack at a moments notice to protect the President so if things went wrong they were going to go wrong quickly. 

"I don't either, Tech." You replied, The name was one you used as a child,something you called him out of habit and the fact that you'd said it made Techno smile slightly, even though he was on edge. It was nice to hear. Nobody called him that as easy as it would be to do, it was always either Techno or The Blade.  

"You haven't called me that in a long time." Techno mused, his crimson eyes softening as he looked at you. 

You smiled up at him, admiring the way the midday light cast shadows on his pale skin. Your cheeks felt warm under his gaze and it definitely wasn't from the cold. "If you don't want me to call you that I won't." You offered. 

"No, no it's fine it's... nice." he admitted, he admired you in the sunlight, your hair shined in the glow of it, being ruffled slightly by the gentle wind. Your eyes were warm, full of something he couldn't pinpoint but something that made his heart do somersaults in his chest. You were so fucking pretty, especially in the shade of blue you wore, the same shade of blue as the one he and his... old friend had adorned so long ago. 

"Technoblade! I'm so glad you could make it, pal." Schlatt's voice pulled you both from your moment, both of you turning to face the President himself as he stood tall in front of you. He and Techno were similar in height but Schlatt's horns made him look just a tad bit taller. He held out a hand for Techno to shake and he did, giving Schlatt a polite smile. "I couldn't refuse an invitation from the President himself could I?"