31

Happy April fools! (Even though the day is almost over oops) Just thought I'd let you all know I'm now a SBI anti and this is now a Ranboo fic and a Ranboo fic alone. (context is that yesterday evening (April first in the UK) the SBI decided it would be funny to stream on Techno's twitch for an hour of just a black screen with pretty lit music I'll admit and then after that hour Tommy mf Innits face appeared and they LAUGHED AT US.) I hate this mf fandom. (/j). Enjoy actual content! <3

You spent the next couple of days at home, all of you did, though Techno and Phil would spar in the yard in the early mornings and you would join them while Tommy ate his breakfast and laughed at Phil and Techno when you managed to pin them, which wasn't as often as you liked, though you were always improving.

The second day you had been over by the nether portal exploring an old abandoned igloo just over the hill that you hadn't seen. You'd been looking for anything of use for the house and you'd stumbled across it. Maybe you'd find something inside. It was empty aside from a bed, a crafting table that was missing some tools and an unused furnace. an unlit torch sat between the two, long unlit from what seemed like ages of abandonment. The sound of a zombie groaning below the place startled you. There wasn't a cave under here was there? It was midday, most zombies were hidden under the ground to keep from burning in the sunlight. 

You searched around the area, pushing the furnace aside, moving the crafting table and the bed and finding nothing. There had to be more to this rundown old igloo than just what once was a home. You moved the carpet and you let out a soft noise of triumph at the sight of a trapdoor that lead to a basement of sorts. It was hard to open, the hinges of the thing had rusted. You'd ended up using your pick to pry it open. There was a ladder and a dim light from something at the bottom. Curiosity got the better of you and you went down the ladder. You could defend yourself if need be, there could've been something of value. 

When you got to the bottom it was a basement, old and decrepit with two small cells and a single piece of glowstone in the ceiling keeping it lit. There was a table with a brewing stand and a dead potted plant, a cauldron that was underfilled with water that had frozen over and a chest. There was only a golden apple in it, as well as some cobwebs but those didn't seem important. In one of the cells sat a zombie, one that had once been a villager by the looks of their ragged clothing and in the other one sat a skeleton that seemed to have been there for ages. There was a sign between the two with arrows pointing to each cell. Had that skeleton been a person? Had they died here? You shook the thought away. What else was there? 

On the brewing stand you found a single splash potion of weakness. Did these affect zombies? What did they want you to do with this? Should you contact Techno? No. He and Phil were busy in the vault organizing the plethora of junk the two of you had left inside it and Tommy wouldn't know what to do. What if you... threw the potion on the zombie. It was caged, the worst outcome was it died. You threw the potion through the bars of the cell, letting it shatter and land on the zombified villager. Nothing happened. The golden apple. You'd been left a golden apple in the chest. Would the villager take it? It seemed adamant to get to you, groaning and pushing against the iron bars, its arms waving to try and grab you to no avail. you grabbed it's hands, pulling it against the bars so it couldn't attack you and you shoved the golden apple into its mouth, forcing it to bite down on it as it barely missed your fingers. You let it go and it snarled, it's body trembling. It stopped trying to attack you, simply staring at you with eyes that held a small, barely visible spark in them. The second it swallowed what it had bitten a loud crack filled the air and you flinched, looking around wide eyed. Was that supposed to happen? 

You checked up at the top of the igloo, just to see if anything had happened. Nothing. Nothing outside either. You went back down to check on the villager and when you turned to look at them they were... normal, human and in shock.