33

Hello lovelies! I feel like I've been kind of MIA for a little while. I've been burnt out on writing for a bit and have procrastinated this chapter since I've been pretty busy with work and such but here it is in all it's angsty glory! It's gonna be a really long chapter (There's a l o t of dialogue as well and dialogue with like more than three people makes my brain hurt but we're trying our best here). also thank you guys for over 100k reads! That's absolutely insane and I'm really grateful for all the love this story has gotten, you guys are the best <3

You spent the night before the festival brewing potions with Techno. It reminded you of your time back in the  underground base. That felt like so long ago, now. The revolution felt like so long ago, even though it had only been a few months. It was a bittersweet memory, your relationship with Techno was still new and you still had hope that your once friends would have listened to you, now you were preparing for a battle against all of them, almost all of them. Tommy was on your side and that was enough to give you some hope. 

Said boy was asleep in his room. It was late, almost 3 a.m. Phil had helped for a little while, but he had gone to bed around midnight, leaving you and Techno upstairs to finish preparing for the festival. What was the festival even for? You shook that thought away. What did it matter? All that mattered was what you had planned, you could ask questions later. 

As you finished brewing your last batch of strength potions you felt familiar arms wrap around your waist and Techno's warm breath on your neck as he let out a quiet sigh. You set down the potion you'd picked up off the stand and you leaned into him, folding your hands over his. "Everything alright?" You asked softly. 

"Everything's fine, darlin'." Techno assured, his voice soft. "What're you thinking about?"

"I was wondering what the festival was for, and... I was thinking about how... nostalgic this feels, making potions with you before an event, it reminded me of the old underground base." You admitted, turning your head to meet his ruby eyes. 

Techno let out a soft hum, pressing feather light kisses to your exposed skin. "Things were so different then. Do you miss it?" 

"Parts of it. I don't miss that cramped, ugly thing you called a base." You grinned, chuckling at the scoff Techno let out. 

"You lived there too, you know." He muttered. 

"Where else was I supposed to go?" You teased,  turning around in his arms and you pressed a kiss on the tip of his snout. "You can't tell me you actually liked that base." 

"I didn't but it was the best thing I had at the time." He huffed. 

"Exactly, now, what's our plan for tomorrow?"

You let Techno explain the basics of the plan while you finished placing potions in the top chest, pulling out the small slip of paper that said "Spend the day with Tommy Innit!" That you'd taken from Phil. You had searched for Techno's, but you couldn't find it. It was probably in his ender chest for safekeeping. He kept a lot of things that held sentimental value, you'd noticed. After you had cleaned up the area you'd spent the night with him in before Christmas he'd kept one of the lanterns and it sat on the bookshelves, unlit right next to the photo Phil had gifted him. Phil had let you have his coupon for Tommy, assuring you that you would put it to better use than he would have. You slipped it into the pocket inside your cloak for safekeeping.

 You caught sight of the moon in the window, full and glowing, dimly lighting up the snowy plains with the stars, Ursa minor was visible not too far away, shining brightly like it always did. You smiled as you stared at it. The memory of Techno's face under the soft moonlight as he pointed out constellations and told you the stories behind them and when you'd asked his favorite he'd launched into the story of Ursa minor and Ursa major and their meanings, which led into the colors in the sky that you now knew as auroras. Looking back on that you knew then, that you loved him deep in your heart, even though you had no concept of the word.