Chapter 1- Change of scenery

Key:
Y/N: Your name
L/N: Last name
M/N: Mom's name
H/C: Hair color
E/C: Eye color
H/T: Hometown
————————————————————————
"We're here!" The voice of M/N L/N chirped. Y/N eyes fluttered open as her mom put the car in park. She lifted her head off the seat and rolled her head, hoping to relieve some of the tension that built up in her neck. Sleeping in the car may be relaxing but it came with its disadvantages.

"You're gonna love it here. I heard there's a pool!" Y/N's mom exclaimed happily as she started lifting up bags from the trunk. "There is? I don't think you mentioned it." Y/N said sarcastically. Her mom lightly swatted at her. "Oh hush you. Start grabbing some bags and come back for your bike." She instructed. Y/N mock saluted her. "Yes ma'am."

She picked up her suitcase and started heading towards the entrance when she noticed a boy, around her age, pushing a bike and struggling to hold his own case. He had dark brown hair with matching eyes and fair skin. He was cute, in Y/N's opinion.

"Hey! Do you need some help?" Y/N offered, noticing his struggle. "Sure that'd be great." The boy accepted with a smile. Y/N grabbed his suitcase and the two started walking towards the entrance. "I'm Y/N, by the way. Y/N L/N." She introduced. "I'm Daniel. Daniel LaRusso. I just moved in."

"Me too. My mom decided it'd be best to have a change of scenery."

"My mom got a new job opportunity so we had to move. I'm from Newark."

"That's cool I'm from H/T."

Y/N was going to open the gate when Daniel held his hand up. "Watch this." He stated. He lifted his leg up and kicked the gate, making it fly open. "OW!" They heard someone yelp. Y/N ran through to find a boy laying on the ground, holding his head. "Oh my gosh, are you ok?" She asked. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. You guys must be the new people." The boy replied, pushing himself up.

"I'm Y/N L/N and this is Daniel LaRusso." Y/N introduced. "LaRusso... you must be moving in 20 and L/N you're in 19?" The boy asked, somewhat unsure. "That's correct," Y/N replied while Daniel nodded. "Freddie Fernandez. Apartment 17." He stated, sticking out his hand. "Nice to meet you."

The three teens walked past the pool, well, what used to be a pool, with the two boys talking. Y/N wasn't paying attention, just catching a few words like karate. "Hey, what are guys doing tomorrow?" Freddie asked suddenly. "Nothing," Y/N replied, with Daniel saying the same thing. "We're having a beach party. Sort of, adios summer. You two wanna come?" Freddie offered. Y/N looked over at Daniel, who shrugged. "Sure we'll come," Daniel replied for both of them. "Great. I'll get you guys in the morning," Freddie replied happily before walking away.

Once they reached Daniel's apartment, Y/N gave Daniel his suitcase and introduced herself to his mom before going back down the stairs. She grabbed her bike off the top of the car and pushed it back towards her apartment. As she was walking, she saw Daniel walking, around confused. "Lost already?" She asked with a chuckle. Daniel smiled. "No, I'm looking for the maintenance guy. Our faucet's broken." He explained. "I'll help you look it'd be good to know where he is for the future."

The two took walked for a little until they ended up in the back of the complex. Y/N looked over to see two green doors with various things stacked near them. She nudged Daniel and nodded her head towards it. Daniel softly knocked before opening one of the doors. "Hello?" He called. Shelves stacked with various tools and supplies filled the wall, making it a tight squeeze for both teens to walk through. In the backroom, small green plants were scattered around, and a balding man wearing a headband sitting at a table. He was holding chopsticks and seemed to be going after a fly.

"Are you the maintenance man?" Y/N questioned. "Hai." The man answered. "I'm one of the new people in apartment 20. Our faucet's really leakin' there." Daniel said, pushing open the screen door that separated the two rooms. The man slowly turned around, staring intently at the two. Y/N grabbed Daniel's wrist and slowly pulled him back, making the screen door shut.

"Well, come you come fix it?" Daniel asked. The man turned around, so his back was facing the two again. "Hai." He answered again. "Well can I tell my mom when?" Daniel asked.

"When what?"

"When you're gonna fix the faucet."

"After."

"After what?"

"After! After!"

Daniel and Y/N exchanged a look before slowly backing out of the room. "Well, that was...interesting," Y/N stated, making Daniel laugh. "I'll say," Daniel replied. "Hey I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow," Y/N said with a smile "Yeah see ya."

Y/N grabbed her bike, which she had left outside while they were talking to the maintenance man, and walked backed to her apartment. She left her bike next to the door and walked in. "There you are! We've been here for half an hour and you already disappeared." Her mom stated exasperatedly. "Relax mom I was with Daniel, our neighbor. He and his mom just moved in as well. They had a problem with their faucet so we went to go find the maintenance man." She explained.

"Daniel? Is he cute?" Her mom asked with a wink. Y/N rolled her eyes. "He is but he's not my type. Oh, I almost forgot. A boy we met, Freddie, invited us to a party at the beach tomorrow. Can I go?" Her mom shrugged. "As long as you get all your stuff unpacked. I don't see why not."

"Thanks, mom." She said happily. "Looking at you making friends already. My social butterfly." Her mom cooed. "Mom, stop." she groaned.

"Maybe you'll meet a cute boy!"

"MOM!"
—————————————————
A/N Thanks for reading!! Sorry, there's no Johnny in this chapter but we get to meet him in the next one which will be interesting 😏