Chapter 22- Goodbye Doesn't Mean Forever

~6 months later~

The last 6 months seemed to fly by with the last day of school inching closer and closer. The tournament seemed to be a distant memory now as everyone scrambled around, trying to turn in last-minute papers and figure out what they were supposed to do after high school.

After that night, Johnny and the rest of the Cobra's quit Cobra Kai. After they did so, the rest of the students followed in their footsteps, causing the dojo to shut down altogether and Kreese to flee. It seemed like everyone in The Valley could breathe easier knowing he was gone.

The boys were noticeably happier after quitting Cobra Kai and now had more time to spend with Y/N. Johnny was especially happy, now that he had more free time. The 6 of them even spent Christmas together at Johnny's house, exchanging gifts and drinking a lot more spiked egg nog than they should've.

The boys also stopped bothering Daniel, who was still riding on the high of winning the tournament. Y/N had to admit it sometimes got annoying listening to him brag about the win. Ali didn't mind though and would just smile at the story he told a million times.

All in all, things were going smoothly for everyone. As graduation inched closer, Y/N spent her time worrying about what she was going to do once the last bell rang and her diploma was placed in her hands. While Y/N was freaking out about her future, Johnny himself was starting to think about his future. While he may not have been certain about what to do, the only thing he knew about his future is he wanted Y/N in it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N stared at the letter in her hand, her eyes scanning over the words she had read a million times. She had been accepted to Harvard Law, her dream school. She was ecstatic of course but her only problem was telling Johnny.

So far the only people who knew were her mom, Ali, Daniel, and Mr. Miyagi. She had told Mr. Miyagi and Daniel before they left for Okinawa since she would've been gone long before they returned. The two congratulated her and they had a small going away party to celebrate. Daniel gave her a picture of the three of them together and Mr. Miyagi gave her some little knickknacks that reminded her of him.

She had told Ali because she needed advice on how to tell the boys, specifically Johnny. Ali just told her to be straightforward and honest with him. "He truly loves you, Y/N. He's going to be so proud of you." The blonde had reassured.

Y/N picked up the phone and stared at the buttons. She gave a heavy sigh. Well here goes nothing. Y/N dialed Johnny's number and brought the phone up to her ear, listening to the dial tone. After about three rings, the call connected.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Johnny."

"Hi, sweetheart! What's up?"

"Uh, nothing much. I was wondering if maybe you and the boys could come over tonight? I need to tell you guys something."

"Yeah sure. Is everything alright? You sound upset."

"Everything's fine. I just need to see you guys."

"Alright, baby. I'm gonna go call them right now."

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too."

Y/N hung her phone on the receiver and scrubbed her hand over her face. She was nervous, to say the least. She knew the boys would be happy for her but at the same time, she couldn't bear the fact of having to tell them she was leaving them. Especially Johnny.

At around 8 P.M., Y/N's front door was thrown open and the 5 boys ran in with Johnny walking over to Y/N while Dutch and Tommy went to the kitchen. "Chips are in the pantry, you scrounges." Y/N yelled as she heard them tear open her cabinets. Her mom was gone for the night so they didn't have to worry about her scolding them.