Chapter 11- Healing

"Here. Put on eye." Mr. Miyagi instructed, handing Y/N an ice pack. Y/N took it gratefully and carefully placed it over her eye as Mr. Miyagi went back to Daniel's side. After the fight, Y/N and Mr. Miyagi helped carry Daniel to their apartment complex where Mr. Miyagi insisted on bringing Daniel to his place. Now Daniel was laying on a cot with bandages while Mr. Miyagi pressed a wet towel to his forehead.

Daniel winced at the smell coming from the towel but Mr. Miyagi just left it on his forehead. "It stinks, man. What is it?" Daniel asked. "Smell bad, heal good." Mr. Miyagi replied as he picked up a tea kettle. "Hey, where did Spiderman go?" Daniel asked, looking around the room. "Who?" Mr. Miyagi questioned. "That guy, that guy who bailed me out. Where did he go?"

Mr. Miyagi and Y/N started chuckling. Daniel looked between them confused. "Wait, you?" Daniel asked, pointing at Mr. Miyagi with wide eyes. Mr. Miyagi nodded. "No way." Daniel scoffed. "Why no way?" Mr. Miyagi questioned. "Because- because-" Daniel started. "Because, uh, because old man?" Mr. Miyagi chuckled. "Here. Have tea. feel better."

Mr. Miyagi handed the two kids their own cups. Y/N took a sip, feeling the warm liquid run down her throat. It was possibly the best cup of tea she had ever had. "How come didn't tell us?" Daniel asked after a beat of silence. "Tell you what?" Mr. Miyagi questioned. "That you knew karate," Daniel replied. "You never ask."

Y/N laughed. "He's got a point, Daniel," Y/N stated, finally speaking. Truth be told, she was actually worried to talk to Daniel. Surely, by now, he must've become aware of her affiliation with the Cobras. She practically begged them to stop and Jimmy even made sure she was ok. Daniel would have to be stupid to miss all that.

"Where'd you learn it from?" Daniel asked. "Father." Mr. Miyagi replied shortly. "I thought he was a fisherman," Y/N stated. Mr. Miyagi took a long sip before placing his cup down. "In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two thing: fish and karate. Karate come from China, 16th century. Called 'te'. 'Hand'. Much later, Miyagi ancestor call 'karate'. 'Empty hand'" Mr. Miyagi explained. Y/N's jaw dropped. That was actually really interesting to hear. Mr. Miyagi became even cooler in her eyes.

"I always thought it came from Buddhist temples and stuff like that," Daniel stated, making Y/N roll her eyes. "You watch too much TV." Mr. Miyagi retorted. "That's what my mother tells me." Daniel joked, making the other two laugh. "Have you ever taught anyone?" Y/N asked. "No." Mr. Miyagi replied. "Would ya?" Daniel asked hopefully. "Depend."

"On what?"

"Reason."

"How's revenge?"

"Daniel-san, you look revenge that way, start by digging two graves."

"Well, at least I have company right?"

"Fighting always last answer to problem."

"Uh, no offense, Mr. Miyaji but I don't think you understand my problem."

"Miyagi understand problem perfect. You friend all karate student, eh?"

"Yeah, they are," Y/N replied. The two glanced at her. "They were my friends. Not anymore." She clarified, scratching the back of her neck nervously. Mr. Miyagi nodded. "Problem, attitude." Mr. Miyagi stated. "No, the problem is I'm getting my ass kicked every other day. That's the problem." Daniel scoffed. Y/N had to resist rolling her eyes again. That wasn't true and he knew it. "Because boys have bad attitude. Karate for defense only." Mr. Miyagi stated.

"That's not what these guys are taught."

"I can see. No such thing bad student. Only bad teacher. Teacher say student do."

"Oh great that solves everything for me. I'll just go down to the school and straighten it out with the teacher. No problem."

"Now use head for something other than target."

"Wait, Mr. Miyagi, I think he was being sarcastic," Y/N interjected. "Yeah, I was only kidding about that." Daniel insisted. "Why kidding?" Mr. Miyagi questioned. "Because I'll get killed if I show up there," Daniel replied. "Get killed anyway." Mr. Miyagi retorted with a shrug making Y/N snort. This man was something else.

"Would you go with me?" Daniel asked. "No, can't." Mr. Miyagi dismissed. "Why you said it was a good idea, right?" Daniel questioned annoyed. "For you, good idea. For me, good idea no get involved." Mr. Miyagi replied.

"But you're already involved I mean-"

"Very sorry."

"What?"

Mr. Miyagi didn't reply, he just looked off, staring at god knows what. Daniel sighed angrily and dropped the wet towel. "Well, thanks for nothing then." He scoffed, pushing himself off of the cot. "Daniel come on he saved your ass," Y/N stated. "Whatever, don't do me anymore favors, ok pal?" Daniel spat angrily starting to leave the room. "Daniel-san?" Mr. Miyagi called.

"What?" Daniel acknowledged angrily, turning back around. "Ok, I go." Mr. Miyagi stated. "Excellent. Excellent. Mr. Miyaji, this is great-" Daniel started. "Miyagi." Y/N corrected. "Miyagi. Miyagi." Daniel repeated. Mr. Miyagi nodded. "Hey, what kind of belt do you have?" Daniel asked.

"Canvas. You like? J.C. Penney. $3.98." Mr. Miyagi laughed. "Oh, I didn't mean a belt like that. I meant-" Daniel started. "In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope hold up pants," Mr. Miyagi laughed, making Y/N chuckle. Daniel forced a smile before starting to leave again, with Y/N at his side. "Daniel-san. Y/N-san." Mr. Miyagi called. The two turned around.

"Karate here." He said pointing to his head. "Karate here." He pointed to his heart. "Karate never here." He pointed to his waist. "You understand?" He asked, his eyes darting between the two. The two nodded. "Goodnight Daniel-san. Y/N-san. Tomorrow morning. 10 o'clock."

The two teenagers bid him goodnight and exited. Y/N wrapped her around Daniel's waist and carefully guided him towards the stairs. "Is that true what you said in there? About those guys being your friends?" Daniel asked suddenly. Y/N sighed. "Yeah. I'm sorry Daniel. They asked me to be friends and I said I would only do it if they left you alone. And thy did until tonight. I'm so sorry." Y/N apologized, feeling guilty. Daniel just smiled. "Hey, it's ok. It's not your fault they're rich jerks." Daniel joked, lightly nudging her. The two laughed before venturing up the stairs.

Y/N didn't sleep too well that night. She kept replaying everything that happened. Maybe she could've stopped it. Maybe she could've prevented it. Maybe...maybe. Those thoughts weren't the only things keeping her up. The thought that clouded her the most was the look on Johnny's face. He looked ready to kill Daniel.

Even when Y/N begged him not to, pleaded to just leave him alone, Johnny wouldn't stop. And then he screamed at her and hit her. For as long as they've been friends Johnny never even raised his voice at her, let alone scream at her. And he never hit her. These thoughts scared her. Maybe he wasn't the person she thought he was.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry for not updating in so long!! I love y'all and stay hydrated!!