Chapter 18

(A/N: This is the first chapter for Rise of the Silver Surfer)

****************************************************************** 

Thank God, Veronica could fly, because after being held up at an airport overseas, there was no way she was flying coach. So, she and Johnny flew back to New York racing, and goofing off and annoying Ben who promptly shut the window on the plane. 

 Now back in the Baxter Building, Sue had gone to talk to Reed about charges the police gave them for destroyed squad cars when Veronica walked in. 

 "Sue. I narrowed it down to three different flower arrangements that go with your scheme, all are ready to go you just have to choose and let Tori know," she said as she handed over the clipboard with pictures of gorgeous bouquets. 

 "What I would do without you?" the blonde smiled as she looked them over.

"Hey, guys! New uniforms showed up. What do you think?" came the voice of Veronica's boyfriend and Sue's brother as he held up what looked like a race car driver uniform with their logo and the logos of about a dozen advertisers on it.

"I think there's no way we're wearing that Johnny," Sue said with a disgusted look on her face as she walked out. 

 "What do you have against capitalism?!" Johnny yelled after her. 

 "Fashion, baby. The New York Times will not be getting any photos of us in that ridiculous get-up whatsoever," Veronica said as Johnny kissed her hello before turning to Reed who was playing with his toys. "I have to go. I have a fitting with Sue in like 20 minutes," she said, and her boyfriend wrapped her in a long kiss, Reed who was still too engrossed in his toys to notice. "Reed don't forget your fitting is in an hour," Veronica reminded him as they pulled away and he just hummed a yes, not even looking at her and she rolled her eyes. 

 "Go. I'll make sure he gets there on time, " Johnny promised and she smiled as she pecked him again. 

 "Bye." 

Johnny's responding goodbye was a smack on her ass as she walked away, the Von Doom, who had sold her brother's company for a small fortune after it had fallen to her, only rolled her eyes at her boyfriend as she walked away. 

 She'd barely made it out the glass doors when Johnny called, "I love you!" 

 "Love you too!"