Chapter 21

"Johnny? You shouldn't tease him so much," Alicia chastised the superhero. 

 "It was a joke." 

"I think it bothers you to see him happy and in love." 

"Bothers me? I have a gorgeous, intelligent and ridiculously sexy woman that I love to pieces. And who loves me." 

"Truly a shame that her influence can't teach you some manners," Alicia joked and a harmonic laugh sounded as Veronica walked into the room. 

"Tell me about it, Alicia," she said as Johnny gave his girlfriend an appreciative whistle as he saw her all decked out in her dress, with her hair falling in long curls. "Is that the only compliment I get baby?" she asked with a smirk as he pecked her lips. 

"You are truly stunning," he said as she smiled. 

"You clean up nice yourself," she admired as she buttoned his blazer and adjusted his tie. 

"Ta-da!" came Ben's voice as he walked in with Sue on his arm. 

"Hey! It's the bride of stretchy man," Johnny joked and Veronica smacked his shoulder, Ben smiling a bit bigger. 

"Don't start," Sue said, but she couldn't stop smiling. 

"Don't listen to my idiot boyfriend Sue, you look amazing," Veronica said as she took Sue's hands, admiring her dress. 

"She's right. You're gorgeous," Ben said as he handed Veronica her bouquet. 

"Thank you. I'll see you out there Sue," she smiled before turning to her boyfriend and saying, "Don't let her fall." 

 And she walked down the aisle.

Veronica was walking alone. Johnny was her date, but he was walking his sister down the aisle and since Reed only had Johnny and Ben as his groomsmen, there was no one to walk with her. She didn't mind though. She was quite content as the music played and she walked alone down the aisle, followed by Ben and Alicia, who all smiled at Reed before standing on their sides of the alter, Veronica helping Alicia to her place.

Veronica didn't have time to scold Reed for his ringing cell phone before the wedding march began to play and people stood, and Sue walked down the aisle on Johnny's arm. Johnny, who met Veronica's eyes and didn't leave them as she smiled at him, his girl a true picture of beauty as he moved closer. 

Ben sniffled and Johnny couldn't keep the smile from his face as he handed Sue over to Reed, kissing her cheek before moving to stand by Ben and shooting his girl a wink. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to-" 

The minister was cut off as a helicopter pulled level with the venue and a man over a speak yelled out, "SUE AND REED! Congratulations on your wedding!" 

Everyone laughed, somewhat awkward and somewhat relieved before the minister continued. 

But then, both Sue and Veronica's jaws dropped as Reed pulled a beeping device out of his pocket. 

"I can't believe you actually brought that thing to our wedding!" Sue said in outrage. 

"I know, but there's a good reason. We have to get to this quickly," Reed answered. 

"Tell me you didn't build that sensor for the General, Reed," Veronica said and all three boys grimaced as the two women shot them all glares. 

"Should I continue?" the minister asked. 

"Yes please," Reed said, somewhat panicked and uncomfortable. The minister got out four words before Reed interrupted and said, "Could we just skip to the end, please?" 

"Reed," Sue scolded, in disbelief that this was even happening. 

And then his device beeped again.

But when it stopped, the wind began to pick up as Veronica looked from Reed to Johnny anxiously.

 And the helicopter began to crash.