Chapter 24

The London Eye was breaking.

Sue was helping Johnny unload people from the Ferris wheel using her shields to help protect people from the falling rubble as the metal support strings detached, while Ben and Veronica lifted it up, trying to push it back into place as Reed used himself to hold the wheel as they unloaded it.

But as the crater formed and the surfer took off into the sky, Johnny caught fire as he tried to follow him.

But he didn't get very far when Sue tried to use a shield to stop him and he instead, hit Reed.

As Johnny fell to the ground, rubbery and Reed was on fire in the sky, Veronica was straining as she lifted herself into the air, having run out of ground to stand on as she struggled to hold up the Ferris wheel, the heaviest thing she'd ever lifted.

Ben, who was physically lifting up the wheel was dropping it too without Reed's help, the glass carriages shattering on the concrete cliff where the Thames river had been drained into the crater.

Veronica could feel the blood dripping down her face from her nose as Reed yelled, "Lift it higher!"

The two strained, the task becoming easier as Sue sent a body blast towards Veronica, giving the girl some extra strength as she lifted up the wheel with Ben, Reed welding it into place.

Veronica had collapsed onto the ground, absolutely drained as blood stained her skin as she wiped it.

"Ronnie, you ok?" Ben asked as he scooped her up, eyes fluttering.

"Johnny. I want Johnny," she muttered as he approached only to be stopped by Reed.

"Stay back! Before you get someone killed."

Johnny could not have looked more hurt.

"Johnny," Veronica muttered before she passed out completely.