Chapter 34

Sue looked stunning in the traditional outfit of white and red that she wore as Johnny walked her down the aisle, again, the couple having decided to have their wedding right there in China.

"Dearly beloved," the Minister began as Johnny moved to stand next to Veronica, who wore a purple floor-length dress, flowers braided into her hair as Ben stood next to Alicia who'd been flown in specifically for the event.

"We are gathered here today, to join Reed Richards and Sue Storm together in holy matrimony...."

The minister was cut off as once again, Reed's PDA began to beep as he pulled it out of his jacket pocket.

"What is it?" Sue whispered worriedly, as Reed tapped away.

"Venice is sinking into the Adriatic," he answered.

"Oh boy, that's a biggie," Ben exclaimed as Veronica nodded at him.

"Can we just, skip to the end?" Sue asked the minister and Reed looked at her, surprised.

"Ah, the love these two share –"

"No, the very end," Reed interrupted.

"Alright, uh, do you have the rings?" he asked, hands still on his bible.

"Oh," Ben grunted as he pulled out the wedding bands and handed them to the couple who slipped them on and waited, smiles on their faces.

They glanced to the minister after he missed his cue and he flinched before saying, "Oh, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Veronica couldn't help but smile as Johnny linked his hand with hers and Sue kissed Reed, now Mr and Mrs Richards.

"Ok, we should get out of here," Sue said as her smile fell and her expression turned serious.

"Yeah," Reed agreed as the ran for the ship, Johnny and Veronica on their heels as Ben said a quick goodbye to Alicia.

Veronica was about to climb into her seat next to Johnny when Sue called out to her, "Veronica, catch!"

She was quick on her feet as she caught the bouquet of red flowers Sue had held throughout her wedding.

"Why are you giving me these?" she asked her newlywed friend and soon to be sister-in-law, slightly confused.

"I had to throw the bouquet, didn't I? Saves the hassle since you actually are the next one to get married. That and Johnny asked me to."

Veronica turned to her fiancé who only winked as he climbed into the ship and she laughed as she climbed in after him, strapping in and setting her flowers aside.

"We're still on for Vegas, right?" Johnny asked as Ben strapped in.

"I caught the flowers, didn't I?" Veronica smirked back as they took to the skies.

Johnny couldn't keep the smile of child-like joy on his face as Reed split them up and Johnny finally got to fly the ship as they painted their symbol across the sky before they headed off to Venice.

And their next adventure.