Chapter 28

When Sue came back, it was bad.

The Surfer wasn't the destroyer. The Destroyer was an entity that ate planets to survive, and the Surfer unwillingly served him, his board a beacon, calling the Destroyer here.

Now they were on a mission to retrieve the board and lead away the Destroyer.

They'd been running down the corridor after evading the guard that stood outside their room, when a massive piece of concrete came flying at them.

"GET DOWN!" Johnny yelled as he tackled Veronica, Sue jumping out of the way, but Ben staying in place for he knew he wouldn't make it and that he could take it.

When alarms began to sound, Johnny got up, pulling his girl with him. "Ronnie, you alright?"

"Yeah I'm good," she promised as she kissed him, switching their powers back to normal.

"Ben!" Sue called as they turned to where the piece of cement had hit the wall.

As it fell to the ground, revealing Ben, pushed into the wall as he said, "Ok, that one hurt."

"Where's Reed?" Sue asked and a muffled voice answered,

"Back here."

Ben pulled himself out of the wall so a flattened Reed could inflate himself again.

"My bad," Ben said to his friend before they ran in the direction the rock came from.

It was the containment chamber for the board, the room entirely destroyed and dead bodies everywhere.

"Reed," Sue said as she pointed over to where the General's body had been blown to pieces.

"I told you so," Veronica couldn't help but say and Johnny smirked at her before the conversation turned serious.

"Victor. We've got to get it back," Reed said.

"We need to get the Surfer, he's the only one that understands it's power," Sue said.

"Even if we bust him out of this place how are we ever going to catch up to Victor?" Ben asked and Reed smiled.

"Leave that to me."

******************************************************************

"We need to get to the roof. It should be here by now," Reed yelled as he helped the Surfer up the stairs.

"What should be here?" Ben asked as they finally ran up the last of the stairs and into the snow.

To where a sleek grey flying ship was waiting for them.

"Reed,' Veronica said in amazement as they all ran for it.

"This is by far the coolest thing you have ever done," Johnny exclaimed. "Hemi?" he asked as he inspected the front of the ship and Reed just smiled as he said,

"Of course. Ok, Ben get inside, Johnny you fly behind us," Reed instructed, one less seat now that the Surfer was travelling with them. 

"Oh, dude you gotta let me fly this thing!" Johnny protested.

"Forget about it. I"m the best pilot here. I should drive," Ben said.

"Are you serious? You'll be lucky if this thing can carry you," Johnny fired back.

"I can flying circles around you blindfolded!" Ben yelled as Sue's protests fell on deaf ears.

"SHUT UP! And move it! Veronica's driving!" Reed yelled as he began to load the Surfer into the ship with Sue's help.

"Suck it, boys," Veronica said smugly as she got into the front seat.

Oh, this was going to be fun.