Chapter 20

"This isn't how I imagined it, " Sue said as she watched the news helicopter circle the building. Veronica sat on the bed, doing Alicia's make up as she put on earrings. 

"It never is," Veronica smiled as she surveyed her work before deciding to define her brows a little more. 

"No, Ronnie. It just doesn't feel right," Sue said. 

"Sweetie, I think even superheroes are allowed to have wedding day jitters," Alicia said as Veronica let her know that she was all done. Both of them were in maroon bridesmaid dresses but in different styles. 

"It's more than that," Sue admitted as she moved from the window to where Alicia and Veronica sat on the sofa. "I mean is my life always going to be a circus? I mean do we really want to raise kids in all this?! Face it, we're not exactly normal." 

"Honey, no one is normal. And anyways, normal is overrated," Veronica said as Alicia agreed with her. 

"Ben and I aren't normal, but we don't let it get in the way of us being happy," the blind woman said. Veronica stood as she took Sue's hands. 

"Do you love Reed?" she asked, and she met Sue's blue eyes. 

"More than I've ever loved anyone." 

The two girls smiled at the bride. 

"Then you've got nothing to worry about," Alicia said. 

"Thank you," Sue said as she pulled both girls into a hug. "Ok," she smiled as she wiped her eyes before heading over to the mirror and sighing, "Oh, great," and Veronica jumped to her feet, worried. 

"What is it?" Alicia asked. 

"I've got a zit," Sue said as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. 

"I could put make-up on it?" Veronica offered, her skills with a brush quite impressive. 

"No, I got it," Sue said as she used her powers to make it invisible. "Crisis averted. Now all I have to do is concentrate on that area continuously for the next 8 hours."