Chapter 55: Guess You're Just Toxic

55. Guess You're Just Toxic

"Morgan we uh...we kinda need to talk."

"You still love me right?" I asked almost immediately.

"Wait what?" Aaron remarked. "Of course I love you. Why would you even think that I don't?"

"We need to talk is not a good way to start a conversation with someone who overthinks everything," I shrugged in defense, sitting down on his couch.

He sat down beside me.

"What are you not telling me?" I asked softly.

He sighed. "I've been made an offer...given an...opportunity."

"What kind of offer?" I asked.

"Well technically Apollo has," he explained. "You know he band The Diviners?"

"That British group?" I asked. "Well yeah, everyone knows them now. Their new single plays a hundred times a day on almost every radio station."

Aaron nodded. "Yup, that's them. Their manager reached out to me. They want me to creative direct and produce their next album...and go on tour with them."

"Oh," I said. "Well...that's a good thing isn't it? I mean I'll miss you when you're on tour but I can handle that until you get back."

"Morgan," he said slowly. "It's also a three-year contract, maybe more if I decide to stay on. I'd um...I'd have to move to London."

And there it was.

That's what he was nervous to tell me. That's what made my heart sink a thousand feet into my chest.

"Morgan, say something please," he said softly.

I got off the couch and paced to and fro. "London...as in England...as in a different continent and time zone."

"Yeah," he said softly.

I let out a breath. I wanted to cry, but I didn't allow myself to. I couldn't take this away from him.

"It's um...it sounds like a really good opportunity for you," I managed to say. "Really."

He sighed and then got off the couch to hold me so I kept still. "It could help me reach audiences larger than I already do, yes, but it's still not a done deal. I haven't decided yet."

"What's there to decide?" I asked. "You just said it yourself, it's a good way to get your music out there even more."

"Morgan my career's taking off well enough here anyway," he said. "Besides, there's a lot to figure out. I've got you, my mom and sister, and the whole secret identity thing. There's no way I can tour with people without them knowing who I am. My team and I-"

"Your team," I chuckled sourly. "Your team Aaron, they'll hate me if you stay because of me."

"They understand Morgan," he told me. "They understand that I have you. Like I said, it doesn't matter if I stay or not, my music will still get out there like it already is."

I pulled out of his hold. "It'll make a difference Aaron and you know it."

He held my hand and tugged me back to his chest. "Hey, hear me when I say that nothing is final...okay? The last thing I want to do is leave you."

"I'm not taking this away from you," I said softly.

"You won't be taking away anything," he said before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Trust me."