Chapter 50: It's An Inclination I Guess

50. It's An Inclination I Guess

When I woke up, Aaron was already awake. He was sitting on the beanbag chair in the corner of my room.

"Morning sunshine," he smirked.

"What are you doing all the way over there?" I asked.

"Looking at this," he replied with a chuckle, raising up the photo album placed in his lap. "Cute then and now."

I smiled. "I know."

He closed the album. "Do you want to go get food?"

At the mention of food, my stomach began to rumble.

"Breakfast sounds nice," I agreed.

"Well, brunch actually," he said. "You might want to check your time."

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was just a little past eleven o'clock.

I let out a soft laugh. "Right, I'll go get ready."

I headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change into fresh clothes as fast as I could. I smiled when I saw the post it note he had stuck on the corner of my mirror.

"You're beautiful today and everyday."

- Aaron

Cue enormous butterflies, this was adorable of him. When I was finally done, I walked out of the bathroom all smiles.

"Okay, I'm almost ready," I told him.

He didn't reply, he just sat on the chair and kept staring at his phone.

"Aaron? Are you okay?" I asked with a slight chuckle.

He looked at me and then motioned towards my phone. "You might want to check that."

I frowned in confusion and then picked up my phone like he asked me to. I had so many messages from Shannon, Sienna, and Jean. I read through a couple of them, and was even more confused. What did they all mean by Josh and I?

I quickly googled both our names and groaned inwardly at the story that popped up. I sighed in frustration when I saw the picture next. It was taken when Josh kissed me last night. How the hell did someone lurk in the corners long enough to take a picture of a three second kiss?

"Aaron..." I began.

"Nothing happened huh?" he questioned softly.

I sat down on my bed with another sigh. "I promise it wasn't a big deal. He kissed me and I shoved him...for some reason whoever took this left that out. You have to believe me."

"I do Morgan," he said. "It's just...why did you lie?"

"I don't know, I panicked I guess?" I answered. "And I know I shouldn't have, I just wanted to avoid the look you have on your face right now."

He got up, and then walked over to join me on the bed. "Morgan, I trust you, okay? But you're going to have to meet me halfway with that. I meant it when I said I don't mind your publicized life, but just keep me in the loop okay? I need you to trust me too."

"I do," I told him. "And I promise, no more secrets."

For a second there he just looked at me like he wanted to say something, but he just leaned in and kissed me instead.

"So I'm guessing this is a bad time to leave your house?"

I sighed in response. "Probably."

There was most likely paparazzi camping around like prowling lions in the wild, waiting to attack once their prey came into view.