Chapter 19: My Inner Self Is A Bitch

19. My Inner Self Is A Bitch

I woke up the next morning and sighed, sitting on my bed. I remembered my fight with Jean the previous night and I instantly felt bad. I shouldn't have gone off on her like that. I picked up my phone from my beside table and called her, putting it to my ear.

"Jean?"

"Morgan!" she immediately said. "Oh I'm so glad you called, I was just about to do same."

"Well you know me," I muttered jokingly. "Always taking the high road."

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I shouldn't have snapped at you."

"It's okay," I said. "I should have minded my business."

I heard her let out a sigh of relief. "Good. Now if you won't mind I'd like you to be my date this Saturday."

"To what?"

"The premiere of the new movie I'm in," she answered.

I was lost.

"Huh?"

"Morgan, I told you when I came back to town weeks ago," she said. "You forget everything."

"It was like six weeks ago how am I supposed to remember that?" I joked in defense. "I barely remember what I eat for breakfast on most days."

"Well, can you go?" she asked. "I really want you there just so you know."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't ever disappoint, do I Jean? I will go to your premiere."

"Awesome!" she chirped. "Mom's letting me host an after party at the house too so you can hang around for that too."

"Mom huh?" I muttered. "Will she be there?"

"Morgan," she sighed.

"Fine," I drawled. "I'll hang around."

I only said that because it was here in the house. I could literally just go to my room and sleep if I didn't want to be there.

"You're the best," she said.

"I know."

She chuckled. "Bye Morgan."

"Bye," I replied and hung up.

I sat there for a few seconds and then I thought of Aaron.

I wonder how his date went.

Why do you care Morgan?

I don't.

Sure.

Should I call him? Or should I not call him?

Do what you want.

I don't know what I want.

You want Aaron.

No I don't.

Whatever you say.

I groaned at the internal battle I was having with my sub-conscious and dialed his number anyway, but it went straight to voicemail.

I sighed and fell back onto my bed, because it was Sunday and I could stay in bed the whole day if I wanted to.

And so I did just that.

A few hours later my phone rang though, and I saw it was Aaron calling back. I hesitated, what if he wanted to know the reason why I was calling in the first place?

Then you tell him stupid.

And tell him it was because of Clarissa? That makes me seem pathetic.