Chapter 9: Sorry For Calling You An Asshole

9. Sorry For Calling You An Asshole

Central park was empty like my mom promised, but it didn't mean I didn't notice the black paparazzi vans parked some meters away. I wasn't too bothered, that was typical. I just wanted the day to be over so I could go home.

"How exciting is this?" Shannon gushed. I was glad she was here.

"I'm bursting with joy," I chuckled.

"Oh lighten up Morgan," she said. "Think of this as your opportunity. Who knows, you might make a career out of this."

I shot her a questioning look. "You really think I can be a model?"

She shrugged with a smile. "You're a pretty girl, why is that strange to you? Besides, you've done a few shoots before and you killed those."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I'm no Kendall Jenner."

"I know that," she said. "You're Morgan Hall, and that's enough."

I love her.

"Maybe I could be a doctor, or go to law school," I said. "This life doesn't have to be my future."

"You can be anything you want."

I looked over and saw Jean walking towards us.

"Sorry, I couldn't help overhearing," she chuckled. "You can do anything you want Morgan, but Shannon's right. You're here, now, with an opportunity. So go be beautiful."

"Thank you Jean," Shan smirked.

I sighed. "Fine. Thank you for that confidence boost."

"You're welco-"

"Morgan!"

"You gotta go," Jean laughed.

I made my way over to my mother and he team. Davide led me to a bench under a tree, where Josh was already seated.

"Morgan," he smirked.

"Hi," I simply said.

"Look flirty, like you're in love!" Davide yelled as the crew fixed the lighting.

Gag me.

"You heard the man Morgan," Josh said.

I rolled my eyes and then smiled at the camera. "Just shut up and look pretty Joshua."

"YES GIRL WORK IT!" I heard Shan yell.

I tried to hold back my laughter but I couldn't.

"Yes! That's it," Davide said.

I eased into it, letting my back fall onto Josh's chest.

"You look hot by the way," he whispered in my ear.

I ignored him and heard him chuckle.

"Okay, one down," Davide said. "Someone get them to wardrobe, we still have a lot of looks to go."

I got up and went into the trailer to get changed. Yup, it was going to be a long afternoon.

~~~~~~~~

"That was great," Jean told me after the whole shoot was over. "I've got to get to the studio now, so I'll see you at home."

"Bye," I said.

Shan came running. "Kendall who? You were such a natural Morgan."

I laughed. "Thanks. It was fun, I will admit. I'm kinda glad I did it now that it's over."

"See?" she said.

"Morgan."

Shannon's eyes widened. "Josh Martin is coming over here right now."