Chapter 8: I'm Sorry You're Such A Bitch

8. I'm Sorry You're Such A Bitch

I was currently seated in my mom's home office with Josh and Mr. Wyatt. She and her go-to photographer, Davide were also present. Ever since I'd agreed to basically be her brand ambassador she had had this smile on her face, as if to say thank God my daughter's finally doing something worthwhile. That's how I felt anyway. She was a workaholic, though not as much as my father, and Sundays seemed to be no exception.

"So this is the scene I envision," Davide said, sliding a photo towards her on the table.

"Love love love it," she gushed. "I can just imagine, Central Park, the sun, my gorgeous models."

Wait what?

"Central Park mom?" I asked. "Can't you pick somewhere a little more private? Like inside of a building maybe?"

"Don't be silly Morgan," she said. "There'll be plenty of security."

I sighed, sinking into my seat. I didn't like attention, but I guess I was going to have to get over it if I was going to do this.

"This could very well be the start of your career Morgan," Mr. Wyatt added.

Nobody asked you, but okay.

Josh chuckled when he saw the look on my face and I rolled my eyes.

"Are we done?" I asked. "I just have a lot of homework to get to."

Procrastination and I seemed to have some sort of agreement, believe me.

She sighed. "You may go Morgan."

"Thank you," I said before doing just that.

"Morgan, wait," I heard someone call after I exited the room.

I turned to face Josh. "Did we forget to do something or?"

He chuckled. "No, I came to talk to you about us."

About who now?

I rose my eyebrows. "Us?"

He smirked. "Yeah, when are you going to let me treat you to dinner?"

I laughed. "You're kidding right?"

He shrugged. "Would it be such a bad thing?"

"I'm flattered, but no thanks," I simply said. "I don't think we'd get along that way."

"Really? Why?"

Because you're an obnoxious asshole?

"I just don't think so," I replied, before turning to walk away.

"You haven't even gotten the chance to know me," he said. "Is that what you do? Dismiss people without getting to know them first?"

Oh go ahead and use that on me.

I rolled my eyes before facing him again. "Okay, you're right, that's unfair. We can go get dinner sometime."

"We'll be in touch," he said with a wink, walking away with a smirk on his face.

A smirk I would happily slap off.

With another eyeroll I made my way up to my room to get to that homework I had to do.

~~~~~~~~

I sat with just Shannon at lunch the following Monday at lunch. She was much more peaceful to be around than Paige and the others.

"Well well well."

Speak of the devil.

I rose my eyes to meet Paige, Sienna and Macy by her side.