Chapter 11: Keep Flirting And Play Dumb

11. Keep Flirting And Play Dumb

"Wow," I remarked as I scrolled through the comments on my phone. "Listen to this one-"

"Morgan," Shannon said, snatching my phone out of my hand.

"Hey, give it back," I groaned.

"Not if you're going to keep reading hate comments about yourself," she said. "You're not even dating Josh."

"Exactly," I said. "These people hate me for no reason."

It had been a week and people were still talking about Josh and I.

"They hate you because they don't know you," she told you. "Besides, there's probably a million thirteen-year-old girls everywhere who are fuming that the hottie on their bedroom doors is taken."

"If these people are thirteen-year-olds then they need their phones taken away asap," I remarked. "These words aren't pretty."

"Don't think about it," she told me. " Let's talk about me instead...and Cole!"

I sighed. "You're still seeing him?"

She sat down on her bed. I had spent the entire day at her place.

"Morgan, I know you don't approve but believe me, he's becoming a totally different person. You'd like him."

I highly doubted that, but she was my best friend, and she genuinely liked him.

"Just be careful okay?" I told her. "The last thing we both need is for you to get screwed over too."

"Oh I'm careful," she chuckled. "Now you have to get going. I have to get ready, he's picking me up."

"You're going out?" I asked her. "But it's a Sunday night, we have school tomorrow."

She shrugged. "Never said we didn't."

I chuckled, getting up. "Okay then, have fun on your date. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That would require me not going then," she teased. "Sorry Morgan, I might have to disappoint you just a little."

"Well as long as it's just a little," I said sarcastically.

She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed, walking out of her bedroom.

Shannon was an only child, so her big house felt empty most of the time, especially when her mom wasn't around. Her parents were divorced. Her mom was the sweetest though.

I got into my car and drove off, going straight home. When I stepped into the living room, I noticed my sister and a bunch of other people sitting down discussing something.

Jean noticed me walk in. "Morgan."

"Sorry," I said sheepishly. "I'll get out of your way."

"Don't be silly," she smiled, getting up. "I'm glad you're here. You can finally meet my creative team."

I noticed she grimaced a little.

Not to be rude but couldn't they do this in...I don't know, a studio? I mean she had her personal one in the house.

"Hi," I simply said.

"And of course, this is Scott," she added, wrapping her arms around his bicep as he stood up. "My boyfriend. Scott this is Morgan my sister."

This was the first time I had seen him in person. I always saw pictures of both of them while Jean was in LA. He clearly wasn't lacking in looks, I'll give him that.