Chapter 23: I Don't Have Enough Middle Fingers For That

23. I Don't Have Enough Middle Fingers For That

I was freaking out.

It was evening, and I was back home - I came to meet it empty thankfully- and I was freaking out.

Why?

Because I like Aaron.

I like Aaron fucking Smith and I don't know what to do about it.

Shannon.

Shannon would know what to do. She was an expert at this kind of thing. I mean a guy could so much as breathe close to her and she'd start thinking of names for their six children.

As if she read my mind wherever she was, my phone began to ring. I picked up immediately I saw it was her. Before I could form a sentence though, she yelled into my ear.

"MCDREAMY DIES?! YOU LET ME GET ELEVEN SEASONS DEEP INTO THE SHOW AND YOU COULDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME MCDREAMY DIES?!"

"Wow, um Shan-"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?"

"But you hate spoile-"

"BUT THIS I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO KNOW!"

"Shannon-"

"I am completely broken," she groaned. "I mean, Sloan, Lexi, now McDreamy? I might need therapy to get over this."

If over dramatic was a person it'd be her.

"Shannon I have to tell you someth-"

"What do I do with my life no-"

"I LIKE AARON," I blurted, seeing that she wasn't going to shut up about Grey's Anatomy anytime soon.

The line went silent, and I checked to see if she was still there.

"Shan? You listening?"

Still nothing.

"Are you okay?" I asked, before hearing her hung up.

I looked at my phone screen. "She is so weird sometimes."

I sat criss-crossed on the couch and turned on the tv. Maybe the signal was weak or something, so I decided I'd call her later.

About ten minutes later though, the doorbell rang. I groaned and got up to answer it, and was surprised when my best friend stood in front of me, clutching her side while panting.

Safe to say she wasn't the most athletic person.

"Wha-? Shan, did you sprint here or something?"

"No," she panted, and I stepped aside for her to come in. "I drove, but I sprinted from the driveway to the door and that my friend is quite a distance."

"Why?" I laughed.

"Because," she answered, finally catching her breath. "We have important matters to discuss. Now with that said, WHAT?"

"What?" I asked as we walked into the living room.

"Um, what you told me about a certain boy called Aaron?" she elaborated with an eyeroll.

I sat on the couch. "Oh...that. Yeah, I think I like him."

She rolled her eyes and sat down as well. "You think?"

I sighed in defeat. "Fine, I know. I know I like Aaron."

She squealed as if she was about to burst. "Oh thank God! I thought I'd be one of those people in the movies with the super stubborn and oblivious best friend. I am so glad I don't have to spend my time trying to knock some sense into you."