Chapter 25: On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

25. On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

I stopped by my house to get some things before heading over to Shannon's after school. I decided I'd just spend the weekend at her house. I wasn't in the mood to run into my mom anyway.

"Oh this is going to be so fun!" Shannon gushed as we plopped down on the couch.

I on the other hand was very nervous.

"I'm excited," she said. "Why aren't you excited?"

"Excited about you orchestrating a long night of me being around a guy who turns me into a bag of nerves? Gee I could jump to the moon right now," I grinned sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes. "Morgan, you hang out with him all the time."

"I know I do," I groaned, falling back onto the couch. "It's just..."

"It's just what?" she chuckled.

"I really like him," I sighed. "I didn't realize it before but now that I've admitted it I can't do anything about it. And I just...he makes me nervous. Like, really nervous. And the good kind of nervous you know, I guess I don't want to screw it up."

She broke into a full grin and wrapped her hands around me. "Aw Morgan, you're so cute!"

I rolled my eyes and got up. "I'm not cute, I'm pathetic."

"You have feelings," she said.

"Feelings," I remarked, making a face. "Ew."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," she laughed.

Then the doorbell rang. My eyes widened and I looked down at the black Michael Jackson t-shirt and grey shorts I was wearing.

Shannon rolled her eyes. "We're just going to sit down, eat pizza and watch movies Morgan, you don't need a ball gown for that."

I nodded. "Right."

She proceeded to open the door but stopped and turned back to me. "Take your hair out of that bun."

"What? I thought you said I look fine!" I hissed frantically.

"You do," she shrugged. "Just take it out."

I pulled off the band holding my hair together as fast as I could.

"There you go," Shannon smiled, fluffing the hair that fell to my shoulders. "Let those gorgeous curls fly free."

"Okay."

She proceeded to go but turned back again. "Wait, you go open the door."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because he'll want to see your face," she replied, grabbing my arm.

I pulled myself from her grip. "Well what's wrong with your face?"

"Nothing," she said in exasperation. "It's just not yours."

She grabbed my hand again but I pulled away again too. "See, you said tonight wasn't a big deal yet here you are making me nervous!"

"It's not a big deal, and you don't need my help to be nervous," she hissed, pushing me towards the door.

I backtracked and pulled her in front of me. "Well it's your house, you go answer!"

"Morgan Nicole if you don't answer the damn door..." she threatened.

"You'll what?" I challenged.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. She was freakishly strong I'll give her that.

"Let me go Shan!" I struggled. "He's still going to see me anyway."