Chapter Five

When Demetri and Nico arrived back at the castle the following afternoon he dropped off Nico to Heidi's room "Can you watch him for a bit please, I need to have a private conversation with Felix?" "Of course D. It will give us a chance to catch up and maybe I can find out more about his new friend" Heidi smiled at him and Nico looked up at Heidi excitement clear in his blue eyes "Sophie and Ellie are great but Ellie is so tiny..." Demetri smiled and closed the door knowing Heidi was going to hear all about Sophie and Ellie.

He found Felix in his room along with the twins "Afternoon Demetri, enjoy your 'sleepover'?" Jane asked, amusement clear in her voice, he chuckled "Afternoon Jane and yes I enjoyed spending time with my mate" He replied "So that talk went well then?" Alec asked "Yes it did and she is absolutely fine with everything...including our diet" He replied "Did you tell her about Nico's mother?" "Yes Fe, I did and she was ok with that too. The conversation that followed was a little more difficult to deal with...for me" Demetri replied taking a seat beside Felix on the sofa "Ah...the complication of Ellie's father" Jane said softly "DON'T CALL HIM THAT!" Demetri growled at her, his eyes darkening and Jane visibly flinched "D...calm down" Felix said placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, Demetri took a breath "I'm sorry Jane but-but that man doesn't deserve the title of father..." His fists curled into balls "Demetri" Alec warned this time "Sperm doner" Jane said low looking at Demetri "We'll refer to him as the sperm donor...better?" She asked and he nodded seeming to calm a little "Talk to us D...maybe we can help" Felix sounded cautious "I won't tell you everything as it's...private and not fair to Sophie but..." He took another deep breath trying to stay calm as just thinking about what happened to his mate angered him "We have a human to hunt down and kill...she deserves to feel safe again...I owe her that much seeing as I wasn't there when...." Demetri trailed off and realisation flashed across Jane's face although Felix and Alec took a little longer to catch on "Tell us when and where and we'll help you Demetri" She said firmly "I was actually just going to ask Felix..." "We're family and we protect what's ours" She growled low cutting him off "Agreed" Alec and Felix said together "Thank you. That means a lot" Demetri replied.

Demetri met with the Kings in the throne alone, the guards on duty having been dismissed by Caius "Demetri, how did things go with Sophie?" Aro asked holding out his hand "May-may I tell you rather than show you?" Aro looked a little shocked as Demetri had never refused before "I mean no disrespect master, it's just...Sophie disclosed something...personal...pertaining to Ellie and I want to respect that....it should be up to her to share that information with you" Aro nodded "Say no more my dear boy, I think we can...fill in the gaps" "Thank you. Although I must confess, I will be dealing with the problem personally as it hasn't been dealt with by the human authorities" He told them "As long as you cover your tracks and take Felix and the twins with you, you can deal with the matter however you wish. After all our mate's safety is what's important" Caius replied "Thank you, I appreciate your support master" He replied looking at Caius. "I'm glad she has accepted you and Nico and vice versa. I hope you all have a long and happy life together" Marcus smiled "Yes, quite. We are looking forward to meeting them both" Aro added with a smile.

Demetri and Nico had been spending time with Sophie and Ellie the last month or so and Nico started to notice differences between himself and Ellie that left him a little confused. "Daddy how come Ellie isn't growing up as fast as I am?" Nico asked Demetri "Ellie is human the same as Sophie" "Why does that matter daddy?" "Well, you are half human / half vampire and as a result you will be fully grown in seven years, whereas Ellie won't be fully grown until she is sixteen" Demetri replied "Oh ok, but I thought you said I was younger than Ellie" Nico replied looking a little confused "Although you are younger than Ellie in age, you will look older than her physically because of your vampire side, so essentially you will be like a big brother to her as she grows up" Demetri replied "Will Sophie and Ellie become like you dad, a full vampire?" He asked "Yes, I will change Sophie once Ellie is a little older, and once Ellie is old enough to be changed, I will change her too" Demetri replied "So you and I have to protect Sophie and Ellie until they become like you?" "Exactly Nico. Although I will protect all three of you forever" "So, Sophie and Ellie will be with us forever?" Nico asked looking hopeful "Yes Nico, they will be with us forever, I promise" Demetri smiled and wrapped his arms around his son holding him close "Good, I will help you protect them forever too" Nico replied snuggling into his dad.