Chapter 1

Maya POV:

"You have to get married. Your cousin stepped up to marry you. We don't even need to go searching for a groom." Dad said.

"What? Why so soon?" I asked.

"Cause you're 25, Maya." He said.

"So what Appa? It's not like I'm 30." I said.

"But your cousin is 30 next year

"But your cousin is 30 next year. He can't wait any longer for your so called business." He said.

"But Appa. I..." I started.

"You studied law Maya. And now you want to start a business. Are you really out of your mind or what?" He asked.

"I did law because of you. You made me learn law. Government and history is literally something I used to puke during school times but you made me take those courses." I said.

"So what's your business plan again? Wedding organizer? How much can you even make with that?" He asked.

"Appa I'm starting a business. Maybe it looks bad now but after I start, there will be a huge..." I started.

"Alright. I'll give you 2 options. Either get married to your cousin and if he lets you, start a business or you can go work under one of the biggest lawyers out there Mr.Siddharth Singh and start working. I want you to be successful in life Maya." He said.

He was right. I finished law and wasted years with this business plan that nobody was ready to give me a chance with.

Maybe this plan will just go in vain just like all my other plans in life. I wasn't that determined girl. I'm lazy af. Not perfect.

Marrying Sanjeev would make me want to puke. He the opposite of what I want. Plus he wouldn't support me with my business in any way cause he wants me to be a house wife. Did my dad make me learn law so that he would order me around the house?

"I'll work under whoever that old man is." I said.

"Good. Mr.Singh is very strict and punctual about everything. His father's family comes from a North Indian kingdom. He's actually a prince yet he didn't want to rule like in the old times so his brother is looking after the kingdom." My dad said.