Chapter 9

MAYA POV:

I did not expect this man to ask me to marry him. Wait is it wrong? Ik we have this chemistry going on sometimes. But it's not like he likes me right?

I saw pain in his eyes when I said that I knew he is only doing this for my safety. Wait if he is actually doing this cause he likes me?

Him like me? No way I screwed up more than anything in his life.

I walked inside the room and found a saree in the closet. Not just one but so many. Wait he had a whole clothes collection for me. Weird but cool. When did he organize all this?

"Hello ma'am." I heard a lady's voice.

"Oh hello." I said.

"Sir asked you get ready soon and come." She said.

"Alright." I said as I grabbed a saree. I wasn't even in the mood to get married. My parents were dead and here is my wedding happening with a man I may have a crush one.

"Choose this." I heard Siddharth's voice behind me.

He was pointing at a yellow saree. I grabbed it and walked to the bathroom.

I came back dressed in that saree and wore a set of jewelry that came along with it,

When I walked downstairs, he was already dressed up. I couldn't stop staring at him. He looked so humor!

"It takes Ms.India 2 hours to get ready is it?" He asked.

"No I came back in an hour." I said looking at the time.

"Ok come on let's go." He said as he wrapped his hands around me and walked me to his car.

When we got to the temple, we stood in front of the priest and he handed the mangalasutra to Siddharth.

My eyes were filled with tears. My marriage happening I feel without my parents.

I hid my tears and gave him a smile. I could tell he was staring at me. He looked at me.

"Maya, I promise everything will be alright." He said.

"Thank you." I nodded as he tired the mangalasutra.

That second I was married. I was no longer Maya Ravikumar. I was now Maya Siddharth Singh.

He is a North Indian and I'm tamil. Will my parent even let me marry him if they were here? Maybe and maybe not.

Oh and sanjeev. He can't marry me now. Wait Vignesh uncle will force him to marry me even if he doesn't want to if everything is over and Siddharth kicks me away from his life for making it miserable.

Would Siddharth do that?

"Hey...come on. What are you still thinking?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said as I walked behind him to the car after all the formalities were finished.

When we got to the house, Siddharth lead me to his room.

This felt weird. If he didn't like me he would have sent me to my own room. Why his room?

Was I being dumb? I was beyond confused and my head was hurting really badly.

"You have to eat Maya." Siddharth said.

How does he know everything?

"I...I don't know how to cook." I said.

"Yeah I kinda know it by now." He said.

"What?" I asked,

"Vignesh uncle already told me. Don't worry, you don't even have to do a single thing in this house. I'll take care of everything." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can cook. Even if it's not as good as your..." he paused.

"Good as what you're used to eating, I'll try to make the best I can. Pakka?" He asked.

Now I understand why he paused. He was going to talk about my mother's cooking. It was her birthday today. A lone tear dropped down my eyes.

"Maya..." he said as he walked toward me and wiped off my tears.

Why are you doing all this? This is way too good to be true.

I've always dreamed of a perfect husband. And now I have one but what if it's temporary?

"What is wrong with you? I promised you right? Nothing wrong will ever happen." He said.

"But it's too good to be true." I said.

"What is?" He asked.

"Everything. Please, it's the same thing. Even if you leave me now or even after, I won't have my family back. I'll rather just die than live with guilt." I said.

"Do you not want revenge?" He asked.

"No not this time. I've always taken revenge as a joke. Prank calling and stuff like that but this. It's different. I'm.." I started.

"I know is what it feels like when you lose both parents at the same time Maya. Also I don't know what you think is temporary. Nothing you are seeing is temporary." He said

"What if you fell in love with someone? I don't want to.." I asked as he put his finger on my lips.

"I love you!" He said looking deeply into my eyes.

All kind of emotions were seen. Pain, love, anger, I couldn't even tell anymore.

"You...you love me? Why I messed it up for you!" I said,

"You are different Maya. Different than any other girls. You stand up for yourself. And then the other day you almost risked your life tho the man had a knife and this burning down Santhosh's place.

Even I would never had the guts to do it cause I want to do everything in the correct ways and follow rules. You don't even follow any of the rules and you make me smile whenever you're around.

You brought back the little boy I had lost long ago in me. Isn't this enough to love you?" He asked.

"Oh..." I said.

"I know there is a lot of things piled up after one another for you. It's alright. And I know it will take time but I'm hoping one day I'll win you over too." He said as he went to the kitchen.

"Siddharth...." I said as he looked up.

Shit as I supposed to call him sir?

"I feel uneasy. I need time for all of this to sink in." I said.

"Ik Maya." He said as he walked toward me.

"You're not the same guy I met on the first day as you?" I asked.

"Well...um...a bit changed after meeting you." He said.

"I'm gonna go sleep." I said as I turned around to leave.

Sleep is something I've been craving for all day. My heart refused to think about my parents.

I didn't know when I fell asleep but when I woke up, it was pretty dark outside.

I walked outside and found Siddharth on a call.

"Yes, I'm afraid I won't be able to take any more cases. Im filled for the month." He was saying,

Fuck this was all because of me!