Chapter 14

Maya POV:

Pritambur, here I come.

I reached Hyderabad and found my friend who moved to Hyderabad after her marriage. Sucks for her cause her husband wanted to be in india while she wanted to stay but she made a sacrifice and lived there.

"Hey Maya!" Kriti said.

"Heyyy!" I hugged her.

"You didn't even invite me to your wedding." She said.

"Well...my wedding was unexpected." I said explaining everything that had happened.

"I'm really sorry." She said.

"It's fine. I want to marry him again and this time with his family. You know marriages are a two people thing, it involves two families. Mine won't come back but his would right." I said.

"So all I need to do is pretend to be your aunt whenever he calls right?" She asked,

"Yes. He's not gonna know till later. Also I need to find someone in Pritambur who can help. Could you ask your husband to find someone since he knows just about anybody?" I asked.

"He already did cause you said you needed to go to Pritambur." She said.

"Thank you so much Kri!" I hugged her again.

"Oh shut up. You don't have to thank me." She said smiling.

"So how's the baby?" I asked.

"She me doing good. You will see that yourself when you get there." She said.

"Can wait to meet her." I said.

As soon as we got to her house, we found her husband playing with her daughter Manasa.

"Manu...this is Maya aunty, say hi to Maya aunty." Kriti said.

"Hellloooo!" The little girl ran to me.

She was probably around 3 and looked so cute. I pulled her up and she held on to me tight.

After I got to the room Kriti gave me, I called Siddharth. Maybe he's asleep? What time is it here? 7:30pm here and that means it has to be around AM there.

Let's just call him.

He picked up the second the call started to ring.

"Hey!" I said.

"Why the hell didn't you call me till now?" He asked.

"Cause i just got here." I said.

"Then why didn't you call me huh?" I asked.

"I did you nuthead." He said.

"What did you just call me? You're the nuthead here." I said.

"Aunty! What's nuthead?" Manasa walked in.

"Shit." I said.

"Who was that?" He asked.

Manasa walked up to me and sat on my lap.

"No I didn't say that. I said "not hat." I said.

"What are you blabbering now?" He asked.

"What's that?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said as Siddharth started to laugh on the other side.

"Shush." I said.

"Who is that?" She asked.

"That's Siddharth uncle. He's...he's my...husband" I said.

"Thank god you remembered." He said.