Chapter 5

"Are you deaf?" He asked.

"Huh, yeah I'm alright. I'm almost...." I started as I saw a few cars crashing near me.

"Fuck! There is a car crash but I passed through it cause I was driving fast." I said.

"Shit, I shouldn't have asked you for it. Just get here as fast as you can. And be careful on the road." He said.

"Yes sir, I know." I said as I managed to go to the office.

As soon as I got there, I found him waiting for me.

"Shit, I should have known. I put you in trouble." He said as he took the report form me.

"If you don't mind, what is this anyways?"  I asked.

"It's actually this girl's report. She passed away and the originally the report had concluded a rape but they cut the whole thing off from it." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Santhosh Narayanan. He is trying to steal all the evidence. This is the most interesting case I had all year." He said.

"Oh. So he's the one against you?" I asked.

"Yes. He is. He is sending people to get my evidence but he doesn't even know where I keep mine. He will never find out." He said.

"Oh, well he deserves a lesson." I said.

"What? Don't mess with him. You will regret it big time." He said.

"What the hell? He tried to kill me. I think I should teach this man a lesson." I said.

"Maya. You're so dumb. Do not do anything that will harm you cause I can't answer Vignesh uncle when something happens to you." I said.

"Doesn't matter. This is definitely not on you. It's my problem." I said.

"Go back to work and forget everything that happened today." He said.

"We will see." I said as I walked away to continue my work.

After I was done, I got home a bit irritated.

"Maya, come down and eat." My mom shouted.

"No ma, I'm not hungry." I said.

Suddenly I get a call from Vignesh uncle.

"Maya, are you alright? Sid told me all about  what had happened. Don't open your mouth about this to anyone and please don't do anything that would put you in danger." He said.

"What do you mean uncle? Have I ever said no to revenge? The least I will do is prank him." I said.

"Do not do it! If you care about your family and your life, do not do that." He said.

"Ok uncle. I won't". I said but my mind had other plans.

Shit tomorrow is Amma's birthday. I had to make a plan.

That was when Appa came into my room.

"Maya, I have something to ask you." He said with Theepan following him.

"Should we go to the temple early in the morning tomorrow?" He asked.

"For mom's birthday?" I asked.

"Yes, we'll give donation to the orphanages that the temple have and you can get back in time for work." He said.

"Ok dad. Anything for mom."'I said.

"Yeah ok". He said.

Wake up at 5:00 please?" He said.

"I'm gonna set up an alarm at 3:00 is that alright?" I asked.

"You prolly should but if you don't wake up, I'll wake you up at 5:00 my brother said.

"So you're taking leave for work tomorrow?" I asked dad.

"Yes ma, I am." Dad said.

"You are taking her out for her birthday?" I asked.

"Yes."  Dad said.

That night I set up an alarm at like 3,4 and 5. To my surprise I woke up at 3 and sleep was not anywhere close for the first time.

My thoughts drifted to the Santhosh Narayanan. Yesss!! I should ruin his morning. Where can I get his number?

I decided to search him up and I found his number on their page.

I called as a man got up.

"Hello this is from McDonald's. We're are choosing random people to give free meals. Would you like to apply?" I asked changing my voice a little.

"What the hell?" He said as he cuts the call and prolly went back to sleep.

"Sorry mr.Narayanan. You are not gonna get any sleep today." I thought.

Oh wait. He tried to steal Siddharth's evidence. So what if Detective Maya goes in searching for his evidence in his office? I need to cover myself head to toe with clothes, park my car further away and walk to his office and put his place on fire? Let's do it Maya!

I decided to drive near his office and took a match box. I'll ruin his whole room. He deserves that for messing with Maya Ravikumar.

I somehow managed to go past the sleeping security and walked into his room.

It looked messy unlike Siddharth's room. My boss would yell at me if one thing was missplaced and there wasn't really anything I can't mess up here.

"I walked inside and looked for anything that looked important. This man isn't a good person so his cases are prolly all rich businessman who have committed shit and tried to get someone else in trouble

I took some of the files and ripped them and put them on fire. Maya you're gonna get in so much trouble if he finds out. If he finds out that is right?

I checked everything but little did I know the fire alarm would go off. Maya! This was the most dumbest move you have ever made. Shit!

I started to run away as the security surrounded the building. It was still dark and managed to run outside.  I didn't know how I got out but god has saved me.

I ran way to my car and sped away home. It was literally 5 by the time I reached home.

Now I'm sleepy but I had to get up. I sneaked into my room and ran to the restroom.

I got ready wearing a pinkish red color saree and wore a bit of makeup that I was usually  too lazy to do.

After I was satisfied with my look, I decided to to go downstairs and took my seat on the swings