Chapter 39

2 Days Later

2 Days Later..

Meera came back from her daily morning jog to see Anika setting the table for breakfast.

"Goodmorning Ma." Meera greeted her with a tentative smile. Anika ignored her and continued setting the table.

"Goodmorning Badi Ma!" Dev said as he came down and sat at the table.

"Goodmorning beta." Anika smiled. As she was about to go to the kitchen Meera grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side.

"Mumma!How long will you stay mad at me? Im really sorry na. Its been two days, pls forgive me...pls."

"Prinku!" Anika called out, removing Meera's hand. "Bring dadi's breakfast, Im leaving for the hospital."

"Haan bhabhi...here you go." Priyanka came runnig out and handed Anika a packet. "Once the kids have their breakfast, Ill come with Choti Ma."

"Okay..." Anika replied and started leaving.

"Come Meera, sit and have your breakfast." Priyanka told Meera.

"No Bua, Im not hungry." Controlling her tears, Meera forced a smile. Anika stopped in her tracks.

"Arre but you should have something before leaving.."

"Actually Bua...I have a meeting...So ill eat something along the way." Meera lied.

"What meet-" Dev started to ask.

"Happy Birthday BESTIE!" Alia ran upto Meera and hugged her tightly. Anika gasped as she looked at the date on her phone.

"Birthday?" Dev & Priyanka said in surprise.

"Yeah Birthday...Today is Meera's birthday." Alia said and turned to Meera, "You didnt tell them?"

"Its not important." Meera responded, "Anyways, Alia you have your breakfast, Im going to the office."

"Office? So early?" Alia asked following behind Meera, "Meera wait..."

"Me-" Anika tried to stop Meera but she had already left.

"Bhabhi...Why didnt you tell us its Meera's birthday today?" Priyanka asked walking upto Anika.

"Because I forgot." Anika looked at Priyanka with tears rolling down her face. "What kind of mother am I, Prinku? I was so tangled in my own anger and problems that I forgot my own child's birthday."

"Bhabhi...pls dont cry." Priyanka hugged Anika.

"You know....every year, at 12...I got to her room, and if she is asleep then I wake her up and wish her. Before everyone, Meera's mom wishes her.....and this year I forgot." Anika closed her eyes crying.

"Its not your fault Bhabhi...so much happened, anyone could have frogotten."

"I have an idea!" Dev said, "Why dont we have a surprise party for Meera? UIt will make her happy."